Jensen Weir - joined Blackpool on loan

Nuwtfly

50 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Would be a good signing, I'd rather Andy Moran from Brighton but hey ho.

image.thumb.png.b76dfb8479b554acb5ebb6b4911cff14.png

Weir would fit into the 2 man midfield, someone I had as my top CM pick this summer. Would pretty much mean he'd be a starter alongside Hourihane, with Smith and Tommo backup. Would also confirm Bird would be a regular in the advanced role, and he isn't there currently due to a lack of other options.

Moran would be for the AM/SS role. There's nothing to say we can't sign both.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Weir would fit into the 2 man midfield, someone I had as my top CM pick this summer. Would pretty much mean he'd be a starter alongside Hourihane, with Smith and Tommo backup. Would also confirm Bird would be a regular in the advanced role, and he isn't there currently due to a lack of other options.

Moran would be for the AM/SS role. There's nothing to say we can't sign both.

I think he would play further up the pitch than Bird. Why would you have someone who scored 10 goals last year play deeper than Bird.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

CM in the two because that's the position he plays. He's the type to lurk on the edge of the box and shoot, not break inside.

He can do both. He can beat a man. Who do you think would make a better 10, him or Bird?  

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Hopefully we’re on pole position to land him. 

Hopefully. It does look as though the race is on. He’s got a good engine and would improve our midfield. His signing plus a couple more will allow us to stay on the right track, overtake the opposition and steer us over the finishing line for automatic promotion.