Jensen Weir - joined Blackpool on loan

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, sage said:

It was ok for a day, but imagine living there for a year. Gadzooks

I spent 9 months there in 1991/2, while studying at Lancaster University.

Generally very grim. Living there from September-June, what was there, was closed (out-of-season).

I've been back once since, for a reunion with a few old Uni mates & while it has improved a bit, it's still depressing.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Weir would fit into the 2 man midfield, someone I had as my top CM pick this summer. Would pretty much mean he'd be a starter alongside Hourihane, with Smith and Tommo backup. Would also confirm Bird would be a regular in the advanced role, and he isn't there currently due to a lack of other options.

Moran would be for the AM/SS role. There's nothing to say we can't sign both.

Bird playing higher up the pitch than Weir. Let me think about this. Bird 3 goals in 139 games. Weir 11 goals in 60 games. Yup, makes perfect sense to play Bird higher up. Hull is higher up I think 🤔. In case of doubt, this post should not be taken totally serious.

So did Roberts improve with us? undoubtedly yes from when he arrived. So

- did Roberts enjoy being here and is he mates with him so will talk us ip?

- dad is David Weir - surely our resident Scot Fozzy's recruitment services must get to work again

- born in Warrington so if family still there we are closet from the club's mentioned

BUT the beard will be an issue wont it?

We wont get him but would love this

35 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

Bird playing higher up the pitch than Weir. Let me think about this. Bird 3 goals in 139 games. Weir 11 goals in 60 games. Yup, makes perfect sense to play Bird higher up. Hull is higher up I think 🤔. In case of doubt, this post should not be taken totally serious.

Some CBs outscored some DMs. That doesn't mean they should play further up the pitch.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Or would they want him playing week in week out infront of 25-30k fans every week..

Obviously, my pun was too subtle, but seriously, first year loan at lg1 should progress to second loan at championship level. I would think that the quality of opposition improving is more important to the player's development than playing in front of 25-30k fans every OTHER week. It'll far better for him to be playing away to Fester, Dirties, Sunderland, etc, as opposed to the likes of a few thousand at most lg 1 grounds.

5 hours ago, sage said:

He is from Warrington so may enjoy a year nearer home. 

He was born there while his Dad played at Everton, his Dad now works for Brighton, so this isn't a plus. I would add this is typical of some posters, not checking basic facts. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I spent 9 months there in 1991/2, while studying at Lancaster University.

Generally very grim. Living there from September-June, what was there, was closed (out-of-season).

I've been back once since, for a reunion with a few old Uni mates & while it has improved a bit, it's still depressing.

What’s living in Derby like?

21 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Obviously, my pun was too subtle, but seriously, first year loan at lg1 should progress to second loan at championship level. I would think that the quality of opposition improving is more important to the player's development than playing in front of 25-30k fans every OTHER week. It'll far better for him to be playing away to Fester, Dirties, Sunderland, etc, as opposed to the likes of a few thousand at most lg 1 grounds.

Always a gamble mixing a serious point with a pun. My advice to you, trying to talk about Brighton's aspirations while working in a pun around the word "pit": stop.

16 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Some of us ran away 25 years ago.. Nothing like the lovely areas of Chad and alvaston to pursuade people to sign, Normanton if that doesn't work😜

Disclaimer - I'm fully taking the mick, everywhere has run down areas

I am not from Derby but do find it a little amusing how dismissive some posters are on here about other locations. I am sure there are worse places but some better places too 😊