v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Come on there’s thinking he’s not the right manager for derby , there’s wanting him out , fair do s , everybody has an opinion but the above  is just bull crap bile , he’s had three promotions at a club with not much budget , he’s made and is making a living from football management at a decent level not on a computer game , 

there’s levels and your way over the top ,verging on the kind of fan that chants the kind of stuff aimed at billy sharp

Because I don’t like Paul Warne that makes me the kind of guy who would chant about someone’s child dying? Wow, I take great offence to that.

For your information, I actually quite like Billy Sharp the man. Past it as a football, but a good character nonetheless.

Edited by Millenniumram

Warne will no doubt be as disappointed with the performance, 1st half in particular  as the fans are & he will probably agree with the booing.

Hopefully tonight will be a kick up the arse for the players to realise they need to get their heads in the game.

I get some fans dont like Warne, but 3 out of 4 goals come from individual errors, you cant lay the blame for them at Warne, the players have to hold their hands up for them. We would have probably won the game vs Wigan without the 2 mistakes.

Its 2 games, people need to give their heads a wobble if they want Warne out.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

so your saying we need 4 transfer windows before we know if our manager is any good?

Can’t count January. 

he needs this summer Jan and next summer. I’d overturn most of the players who were already here. I’d sell bird and cashin tbh and look at adding transfer fees next window. 

instrad of going down the old pensioner route I’d rather go down the route of 26 and under and give them a year to gel this season 

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

so your saying we need 4 transfer windows before we know if our manager is any good?

Well do u count last seasons??

we couldnt pay fees to clubs, we couldnt pay fees to agents .. so that eliminates about 90% of the market and we started our shopping 2 weeks before the start of the season.. when everyone else had cleared the shelves of anything worth having

when other clubs were buying the players that they wanted we were marching through the streets of derby to save our clubs life!!!!

fk me people have got short or selective memories 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

Edited by NottsRam77

1 minute ago, HorsforthRam said:

The unforced errors are ridiculous. The lack of simple passing patterns in non dangerous area don’t exist. I get that the time to gel argument. But the heads down, lack of effort, looking tired after a pre-season…. what’s the explanation? 

Wasn’t at the game but the above has to be down to the manager 

Let's analyse the situation here a little.

• We are a cash-strapped club which narrowly avoided extinction last season.
  • We are still under severe financial restrictions imposed by the EFL - we have to adhere to a business plan agreed with them.
  • We have a manager who has been here less than one year of a four year contract.
  • In order to relieve him of his duties, a large percentage of his contract will need to be bought out - using money we don't have.
  • In order to bring in the 'right' manager, it is likely that we would have to pay compensation to another club - the alternative being that we employ someone who is currently out of work.
  • In order to strengthen the team, we need to either bring in loans (and very few players are being loaned out by Championship or Premier League clubs at the moment - it's usually a 'last minute' thing) or free agents who are, by definition, players who have been discarded by others because we are unable to pay a substantial fee.

Oh, now I'm depressed.

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Can’t count January. 

he needs this summer Jan and next summer. I’d overturn most of the players who were already here. I’d sell bird and cashin tbh and look at adding transfer fees next window. 

instrad of going down the old pensioner route I’d rather go down the route of 26 and under and give them a year to gel this season 

Don't talk nonsense. We had/have a small squad of very decent players, why should he need so long to get them to play football? 😄

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

It’s poor but Jesus Christ youd of thought we’d lost 12 in a row and sat rock bottom, it’s 180 minutes into a long season, give it at least 15 games 

It’s the back end of last season as well, think we’ve won 1 in 8 at home, 3 in 12 overall. There are new players to bed in etc etc but the lack of any cohesive football up the top end of the pitch is worrying!