v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

Pretty sure no one wants us to lose just to make warne look bad. 
don’t think is an awful manager but is not going well currently, or the last few months of last season either. 

is obviously going to be debates around him, is not a new manager. Think I read is 47th game. You’d hope we had a plan coming together by now.

ultimately is very early in the season, let’s move on and see how Saturday goes.

The results and performances are tough to take, but hopefully Warne and his team learn from this and make the necessary changes and push for the necessary signings.

It doesn’t look good so far, but some of the posts on here are extremely reactionary and exaggerated.

Yes, what we have tried so far hasn’t worked. You can see that both pro and anti Warne camps are in agreement there. No-one is in denial. It’s the worst start imaginable.

However it is a very recoverable position, so do you abandon a manager and his project on the basis of two games and 180 minutes of meaningful football with a reshaped squad?

Seasons and fates are not defined by two games. Wins v Burton, Oxford and Fleetwood would present a totally different picture.

We need to stay calm and Warne needs to deliver a response and quickly.

Just now, jameso said:

But to be fair, in terms of the more measured comments, it’s the manner in which we’re heading out and what it might indicate for Saturday and beyond.

There are some measured comments and I wasn't really aiming that at them, I'm more poking fun at the same old posters who love a loss so they can bash Warne. 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

have u had your head in the sand for the last 18 months?

did u not see what changing managers ever season did to us!

what bringing a new manager.. with new ideas, new players? Collecting dead wood from previous sackings did?

it aint champ manager u know, u cant just flog a player cos u feel like it and he’ll leave without a whimper 

weve got warne.. he might turn out to be utter s***.. but iv got a feeling we’re stuck with it and have to see where the journey ends 

You’re wasting your time mate …some are just waiting and rubbing their hands together because they want to justify their narrow minded opinion ….let’s give it 10 games at least ffs 

Norwich lost 0-7 on first game of season but got promoted it’s too early …dissapointing yes …but get a fluffing grip everyone ffs 

2 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Are people actually that pissed off we are exiting the cup? 

We dont have depth for 4 competitions and the focus is surely just the league right?  Give it a bit of time before being radical!

Very important to progress in the cup to integrate the team, get everyone fit and give a means, for those not starting, to keep fit and push for a place. Giving us competition for starting berths... 

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

The results and performances are tough to take, but hopefully Warne and his team learn from this and make the necessary changes and push for the necessary signings.

It doesn’t look good so far, but some of the posts on here are extremely reactionary and exaggerated.

Yes, what we have tried so far hasn’t worked. You can see that both pro and anti Warne camps are in agreement there. No-one is in denial. It’s the worst start imaginable.

However it is a very recoverable position, so do you abandon a manager and his project on the basis of two games and 180 minutes of meaningful football with a reshaped squad?

Seasons and fates are not defined by two games. Wins v Burton, Oxford and Fleetwood would present a totally different picture.

I’d rather keep warne tbh. This needs another 2 transfer windows before we will even be ready. 

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

As always a sensible balanced post 👏🏻

18 minutes ago, Vyrdasm said:

Anyone noticed Micheal smith isn't in the starting line up or subs tonight for Wednesday.  bannan is and other first teamers. 

Could be on his way? (I hope)

SSN said Weds have been toothless up front so sure Smirh will start their next game 

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

I agree but I do think Wildsmith’s incredibly high level was dipping towards the end of the season. Is he now nervous about Vickers breathing down his neck or have his handful of pre/early season wobbles had nothing to do with that?

It’s difficult to sustain an “incredibly high level” for the whole season unless you think we can afford a world class one. He may have dropped off a little towards to the end of the season but only to a good keeper instead of an incredible one. A new keeper is way down the list of priorities for me at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We leave it as it is and we have no chance of promotion. No chance. That’s the road to oblivion.

We have learnt something. Paul Warne is a crap David Brent wannabe who isn’t fit to coach the local Sunday league team.

Come on there’s thinking he’s not the right manager for derby , there’s wanting him out , fair do s , everybody has an opinion but the above  is just bull crap bile , he’s had three promotions at a club with not much budget , he’s made and is making a living from football management at a decent level not on a computer game , 

there’s levels and your way over the top ,verging on the kind of fan that chants the kind of stuff aimed at billy sharp

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really?

That’s absolutely shocking, regardless.

I wish defeats didn’t annoy me so much, regardless of it being the cup or not, back-to-back home defeats to start the season is pretty rancid. The goals we’ve conceded is like something I’ve never seen before too.