Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I gave you the most recent examples - I was hardly Gonna pinpoint specifics from last season was I? and my original post you replied to acknowledged last season was far from ideal for him but it was his injury that timed with our decline… 

And when he came back we were still in decline. And he's been in the team these first two games too.

I have just read the Hull City forum. There are several on there calling for Liam Rosenior to go with some suggesting he is unlikely to survive the month and even that defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday will be the end for him. If that happens, I assume the club's interest in Max Bird will come to an end.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

4 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I'd sell him after last night.  No pride in wearing the shirt

Still not sure whether you're serious about this comment but - for my sins - I'm into the second half of watching last night's match in full (it helps to have low expectations after what everyone has said on here) and Bird has had a decent game up to now. Only one misplaced pass, otherwise he has driven forwards, played a few searching balls, kept the ball well. He looks like what he is: a talented player who would flourish in the right situation. He certainly doesn't look like he isn't trying or - as you put it - has "no pride in wearing the shirt".

So did you watch the match, or was this a wind-up?

11 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I have just read the Hull City forum. There are several on their calling for Liam Rosenior to go with some suggesting he is unlikely to survive the month and even that defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday will be the end for him. If that happens, I assume the club's interest in Max Bird will come to an end.

Its reassuring to know all clubs have them 

8 hours ago, SparxTheRam said:

I mean it wasn't at all, clearly you missed or decided to ignore the part where warne admitted it was his fault in terms of tactics and him not getting the message across as well as he could?? 

I'm not saying he should have said it but he said a few players and it could affect the way they play as he was vastly disappointed in their abject display

He did accept some responsibility but he threw Bird under the bus. 

Everyone knew who he meant. Radio Derby picked up on it straight away.

It obvious.

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

Still not sure whether you're serious about this comment but - for my sins - I'm into the second half of watching last night's match in full (it helps to have low expectations after what everyone has said on here) and Bird has had a decent game up to now. Only one misplaced pass, otherwise he has driven forwards, played a few searching balls, kept the ball well. He looks like what he is: a talented player who would flourish in the right situation. He certainly doesn't look like he isn't trying or - as you put it - has "no pride in wearing the shirt".

So did you watch the match, or was this a wind-up?

I didn't watch the game last night 😉

I was there on Saturday though and that was bloody awful

7 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I didn't watch the game last night 😉

I was there on Saturday though and that was bloody awful

Fine - but then don't you think saying "I'd sell him after last night. No pride in wearing the shirt" is unreasonable if you didn't see him wearing the shirt last night?

On 08/08/2023 at 16:47, jameso said:

(By weird analogy it is like making a cake where the recipe calls for sultanas but you don't have enough, so you say "We can use these raisins as extra sultanas, since the sultanas we already have will give it the right flavour" - all true but it doesn't make the raisins into sultanas; only the sultanas are sultanas!)

it’s a really weird analogy. not least because according to wikepedia a sultana is a small raisin. Did make me wonder tho whether Mary Berry might make a good manager  

I think he’s a good player and we are lucky to have him. 

I know someone who taught him and he says he is a really good lad. 

id like to see him have a bit more ‘devilment’ about him but you can’t change people’s personality.  (See previous paragraph)

I hope we keep him but if he wants to go he should go now and we all move on with best wishes all round. 

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

it’s a really weird analogy. not least because according to wikepedia a sultana is a small raisin. Did make me wonder tho whether Mary Berry might make a good manager  

Haha! You've got me there!

I think they both start out as grapes, but not the same kind of grape. I could be wrong. Perhaps I should have said currants!

I would think Mary Berry would have a decent chance of being the next manager at Forest Green Rovers!

The conclusion that it is Max Bird that Paul Warne referred to last night IMHO isn't really supported TBH. 

Who got taken off at half time? Which of them was from our squad from last season?? CH is the one that springs to mind, his links with Villa and an Acadamy coaching role was announced during the preseason and that is why CH would be my guess (and it’s exactly that)

So in conclusion the evidence suggest that PW’s comment of “his head has been turned” must be aimed towards CH.

The other 2 that got subbed on 45mins were this seasons signings, so I suppose they’re head or heads can’t have been turned already, I wouldn’t have thought.

It goes without saying though, anyone who doesn’t want to be here should be transferred out from our club ASAP and possibly replaced by someone that does want to be here, no matter their position within the club or whomever the individual is.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

And when he came back we were still in decline. And he's been in the team these first two games too.

He came back from injury into a team in free fall and struggled to find his previous form? Some mystery that… 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Any views on the Battle of Waterloo, Scott reaching the South Pole or any other events you didn't actually witness?

I have been informed but was not there, however I have been informed that the trains are running from Waterloo and Alex Scott is in Australia 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The conclusion that it is Max Bird that Paul Warne referred to last night IMHO isn't really supported TBH. 

Who got taken off at half time? Which of them was from our squad from last season?? CH is the one that springs to mind, his links with Villa and an Acadamy coaching role was announced during the preseason and that is why CH would be my guess (and it’s exactly that)

So in conclusion the evidence suggest that PW’s comment of “his head has been turned” must be aimed towards CH.

The other 2 that got subbed on 45mins were this seasons signings, so I suppose they’re head or heads can’t have been turned already, I wouldn’t have thought.

It goes without saying though, anyone who doesn’t want to be here should be transferred out from our club ASAP and possibly replaced by someone that does want to be here, no matter their position within the club or whomever the individual is.

You could be right but the wording given in the BBC report (I'm not vouching for its accuracy) is:

"Possibly a couple of my players have had their heads turned," Warne told BBC Radio Derby. "I feel like they think there is a move or something. It feels a bit strange."

Well Hourihane has already had his "move" into that role at Villa, and he's not likely to get a playing one there, so does this fit with your theory? I'm not sure it does.

It seems more likely to be another player, and the obvious candidate would be Bird - which doesn't mean it is Bird, nor that Warne's view on it is accurate (or appropriate).