Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

3 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Yeah it’s Barry I think. He’s obviously jumping on that tweet from Ryan Conway from last night!

Do we think it likely that Rosenior was there because (a) they’d struck a deal before the game and he then watched his soon-to-be new signing get injured in front of his eyes; or (b) he watched his target get injured and then went downstairs to strike a deal straight away afterwards? 😜

45 minutes ago, jameso said:

Do we think it likely that Rosenior was there because (a) they’d struck a deal before the game and he then watched his soon-to-be new signing get injured in front of his eyes; or (b) he watched his target get injured and then went downstairs to strike a deal straight away afterwards? 😜

Hopefully not no because if he’s suffered a significant injury we lose either way. He will either (a) miss a large chunk of the season and then go for free or (b) continue to flatter to deceive then go for free or (c) we get something for him and move on 😜

Max Bird is the last remaining player in our squad who can actually play football. He is calm under pressure and can pick a pass.

It’s not his fault he’s surrounded by less talented players.

He is one of those who will be a better player elsewhere. He was at his best learning from Rooney. He won’t get better in a hoofball side.

I’ll be gutted when he leaves but I guess it’s all part of our transition from a chrysalis to a slug.

10 hours ago, McMuffin said:

Hopefully not no because if he’s suffered a significant injury we lose either way. He will either (a) miss a large chunk of the season and then go for free or (b) continue to flatter to deceive then go for free or (c) we get something for him and move on 😜

I was clinging to the possibility we get promoted and he signs a new deal... but there could be a small hitch with that plan (!)

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Max Bird is the last remaining player in our squad who can actually play football. He is calm under pressure and can pick a pass.

It’s not his fault he’s surrounded by less talented players.

He is one of those who will be a better player elsewhere. He was at his best learning from Rooney. He won’t get better in a hoofball side.

I’ll be gutted when he leaves but I guess it’s all part of our transition from a chrysalis to a slug.

I remember 2019 licking my lips watching Bird, Sibley, Whittaker and co run rings around arsenal and thinking what a brilliant future the club had

😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Different players, but some signing for Hull that is. Twine is an excellent player.

He must be, given Hull Daily Mail's rather ebullient, wordy, hyperbolic (and weirdly slightly aggressive at times) write up of the signing!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/scott-twine-transfer-hull-city-8684193?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#google_vignette

Scott Twine's move from Burnley to Hull City will surprise plenty of observers in the Championship and beyond, of that, there can be little doubt. Twine was a regular feature for Burnley during the course of pre-season, as Vincent Kompany's Clarets prepared for life in the Premier League, and there was an expectation around Turf Moor that the 24-year-old would be in and around the squad this season.

Behind the scenes, however, lengthy conference calls and meetings have been taking place between both clubs over the course of the summer to reach a point where this deal could be done. Throughout it, and once it was made clear to Twine that he would not be assured of regular football this season, there was only one place he wanted to go, and that was Hull City.

Naturally, there will be those who scoff at that, who will show disrespect to the Tigers, but Twine made it clear from day one to Kompany that if he was to be allowed to go, the MKM Stadium was his destination. Eleven other Championship clubs chased him, and made sales pitches to Burnley, but none of it mattered. Coming to City, to play for Liam Rosenior, within his style of play was key.

The relationship Twine and his father, Steve, was fostered more than 12 months ago when City launched a bid to sign the playmaker from MK Dons. City's owner Acun Ilicali met with the pair in Istanbul, having been flown out as his guests. Twine was later shown around the club's Cottingham training base before MK opted to do a deal with Burnley and he was on his way to Turf Moor.

While Ilicali and City accepted his move there, it was one that hit hard. Twine had been the club's big transfer target last summer, and a lot of work had gone on in the background to get a deal done, unfortunately, it wasn't to be. They watched closely as Twine made his Turf Moor debut, suffered an unfortunate injury and then roared back to fitness to help lift the Championship trophy on the final day, scoring in a win over Cardiff.

Bosses at the MKM Stadium kept a close eye on events, and following Burnley's promotion were straight back on the phone to see what the future held, and after being given positive indications, they stepped up their interest. Patience was rewarded. Ilicali's desire to foster a positive relationship with Twine left a mark on him and his family, and there was a sense of loyalty to the club who spent so much time and energy in trying to sign him 12 months previously.

A formal offer was made, but the Premier League new boys were keen to let the summer play out and see how their incoming business developed. Develop it did, and around 10 days ago, City were given the final nod that Twine would be allowed to leave after their opening game of the season against Manchester City.

The excitement within the coaches' office at the training ground was palpable. There were a number of reasons Liam Rosenior bounced into his pre-Sheffield Wednesday press conference like Tigger, and the green light from the Clarets was towards the top. While Twine's loan move does not include an option to buy, there's a belief that if the relationship blossoms and success is secured this season, then both parties would want it to continue beyond next summer, but for now, those are questions for another day.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Didn't see this quoted after the Oxford game

"Warne said Derby have received no further offers for Bird after Hull submitted three bids but none have been accepted. And acknowledging Rosenior and Moore's presence at the game,

Warne said: "There has been no fresh offers for Max.

"In fairness, Liam Rosenior was there but I do go to other games as well.

"Liam is entitled to come to Derby - it doesn't mean he is buying Birdy."

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Warne has all but confirmed its a 'bone injury'. Sounds like he hasn't got the medical reports yet though to know exactly how bad.

I'm in no way a medical expert, but I *think* that's probably better than something like a ligament injury.  Obviously it depends on how bad the bone injury is etc.