Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Since Bird tackles 50% more than Hourihane...

Neither of them tackle that much anyway hourihane finds alot more space in the midfield and that tackles hourihane does do he actually puts his foot in where bird shys out alot

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

And even if it isn't Bird, people were obviously going to jump to the conclusion it was him, given the Hull bid.  Warne has basically started a witch hunt with that comment - we've already got people who've basically decided that Bird has downed tools and demanded a transfer and should be sold immediately.  How is this possibly helping the club?  

If there are genuinely issues (and I have no idea if there are), then either keep it in-house, or make a generic "Max's head isn't quite right after the bid, so we're going to keep him out of the team for a couple of games while everything gets sorted" type statement and deal with it properly.  It does seem to me like Warne has no clue why we're performing the way we are, and is reaching for random excuses though - he "feels" a couple of players might have had their heads turned, so he doesn't even know anything for sure.

What was strangest about his comment (other than putting honesty and openness above tact and professionalism) was that Bird had a good game, showed no lack of effort, and didn’t get substituted.

(Always assuming it was Bird he was referring to!)

9 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

I’m assuming he was referring to Cashin 

But even he showed no shortage of effort or commitment. Statuesque on the first goal, sure, and some aimless forward passes (which I assume he's been told to do, because Bradley did them too) but no obvious signs of a "turned head"!

57 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I think PW needed to show he knew what the problem is, hence the "turned heads comment" I'm not sure PW has identified the issue, what is a matter with Sonny Bradley he looks awful, has he had his head turned?

looked great in pre season but in the last two games he'd led a defence that two teams seem to have walked through 

Warne added: “I don't think that performance is indicative of what we have in the building. I just think we collectively under-performed.

So no "turned heads" in todays PW statement just a general under performance, the problem PW has is, when everything apears to be broken where do you begin to fix it🤔. I am sure he will sort it out at least he now apears to recognise the problem is deeper than just a turned head.  

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Warne added: “I don't think that performance is indicative of what we have in the building. I just think we collectively under-performed.

So no "turned heads" in todays PW statement just a general under performance, the problem PW has is, when everything apears to be broken where do you begin to fix it🤔. I am sure he will sort it out at least he now apears to recognise the problem is deeper than just a turned head.  

Can’t be an under performance when that’s all we have achieved so far? - yes absolutely early days but anything else is what is hoped will happen.

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Where is today's statement, linky?

Hull City boss reveals transfer excitement as Tigers prepare for Sheffield Wednesday

Barry Cooper Hull City correspondent

15:41, 10 AUG 2023

City have plans to bring in as many as five new players before the 11pm deadline on September 1 and while the club have lodged a third bid for Derby County midfielder Max Bird, it's understood he is not the player Rosenior is hinting about.

13 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where is today's statement, linky?

It’s not new comment, it’s an article quoting some of what he said post match on Tuesday night. 
I wonder when the pre match media will be out 🤔 Previous seasons we got Twitter commentary of a sort from the club and local press during the press conference as it happens, followed by the videos released by the club. It’s all very quiet today so far.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

11 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Speaking after the defeat to Blackpool, Warne added: “I don't think that performance is indicative of what we have in the building. I just think we collectively under-performed.

“And if you do under-perform against a really good team, you're going to get what what we got and that was very little.”

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s not new comment, it’s an article quoting some of what he said post match on Tuesday night. 
I wonder when the pre match media will be out 🤔 Previously seasons we got Twitter commentary of a sort from the club and local press during the press conference as it happens, followed by the videos released by the club. It’s all very quiet today so far.

The DET rehashing an old story, surely not 😂

23 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Your right but we could definitely get a lot more this year than the compensation next. 

Reckon if he goes to a British club we get £2m in comp considering his appearances, he’s been captain and he’s been here for absolutely years. the way Hull are bidding for him I reckon we’d get more waiting 😂

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wonder when the pre match media will be out 🤔 Previous seasons we got Twitter commentary of a sort from the club and local press during the press conference as it happens, followed by the videos released by the club. It’s all very quiet today so far.

They do sometimes do the press on a Friday instead though. Usually Dom Dietrich would have tweeted something out by now if there had been a press conference today.