Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

10 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This, this and this again.  I read this thread over breakfast and it made me want to back to bed and wake up in May when the season is over!!

I said in another thread on the main forum page that if we had 3 strikers, each contributing around 15 goals each we’ll be better off than last season.  We’re getting hung up on replacing 20+ goals from McGoldrick but ignoring pens (he had 4 and assuming someone else will score them) that leaves 18 league goals.  I think with a bit more out of Collins, and I think he will get more, Washington and Rhodes, if it happens, we’ll do that.  Plus goals from around the team, threats at set pieces, etc.  @Ambitious has given some good stats about Rhodes and I think he’s right.  In the right system, with the right players around him, he’ll score goals in L1.  Personally, I’d be quite happy with a free transfer and a 1 year contract with another 1 year option.

And I might be about to commit heresy and be struck by a bolt of lightening but towards the end of last season I think McGoldrick hindered us.  At time he could have passed more and played others in.  I think he got a bit too focused on his best goal scoring season.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland
No idea what happened to the quoted post 🤷‍♂️. Operator error!!

1 hour ago, SpiderRam said:

Ladapo is a great player, but Ipswich have already issued a not for sale statement regarding him. 

Oh didn’t realise that yes I think he’d be brilliant for us 

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Honestly, I have no clue what’s gone on here. I was told this morning he was at Moor Farm yesterday and has agreed to sign. Wether Huddersfield have pulled out last minute I don’t know. If JCH is off to Coventry then maybe it frees Matty Godden up and we’d rather spend the wages there? 

Coventry are playing their strongest side in a friendly now and Godden is playing, alongside Simms upfront. I think the JCH rumour for Coventry was a wrong ID on Joel Latibeaudiere too.

13 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Honestly, I have no clue what’s gone on here. I was told this morning he was at Moor Farm yesterday and has agreed to sign. Wether Huddersfield have pulled out last minute I don’t know. If JCH is off to Coventry then maybe it frees Matty Godden up and we’d rather spend the wages there? 

Hopefully Godden would be better 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Don’t worry, things change BT 😊

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

He may well have agreed to sign, could now just be down to the clubs agreeing a deal. It was very publicised that Rice had agreed terms to join Arsenal, took a while for the clubs to agree the actual deal.

Wouldnt surprise me if we had someone at the Huddersfield behind closed doors friendly to make sure Rhodes came through it alright.

As mentioned by someone else, it was probably a glorified training session rather than it being a proper friendly, otherwise neither team will have risked it.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Has anything happened between page 2 and page 12, please? 

(Would like to know before wading through it all.)

I gave up @angieram. The moaning groaning Battalion clearly written off JR PW DCFC and anything else that might stimulates the tastebuds. Even those feeling underwhelmed what do you know the reasons behind this? Could be all sorts of factors. SUPPORT YOUR CLUB. Please. 
Because there are so many unemployed managers on here who clearly know way more than PW and anything going on behind the scenes at Derby I guess we have to expect a season of abject failure. 
Moat of us have had to deal with some poo in our lives and I know a positive attitude towards anything can achieve a hell of a lot. 
Can’t wait for our new team to run out in the black and white…. And of course wonderful white socks. The futures bright 

I Hope Please GIF

Edited by SKRam
Typo

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It wouldn't be mate. This is what got us in this mess. 

He's 29. So signing him for 2-3 million on a 3 year deal. He won't be worth that in 3 years time.

Signing players for silly money and letting them leave for free is a massive reason why we're in the position we are in.

Yeah I see your point mate, but we wouldn’t need him to be worth that money in 3 years time if he scores 20 goals a season for us in L1 or a few less in the championship. £2m range would be great value for that kind of goal return. The position needs addressing either this year or next, and good strikers rarely come for free. 

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

Could this be @Big Trav's Wagatha moment? Set up to find out where the leak is? 🤦‍♀️

I hope not, you've been excellent,  so far. 

I was thinking this earlier, I’m sure they are aware someone’s leaking info and probably want to put a stop to it. However if his source actually saw Rhodes then maybe the deal has broken down or it will be announced tomorrow. 

Appreciate he might not be as exciting as some of the names rumoured, but perhaps he could be what we need? Everyone lost their mind when Colin Kazim Richards signed but he was exactly what that team needed.

Just saying, if he signs then why not wait and see before writing him off...

Edited by I have nothing to say
Spelling

3 minutes ago, I have nothing to say said:

Appreciate he might not be as exciting as some of the names rumoured, but perhaps he could be what we need? Everyone lost their mind when Colin Kazim Richards signed but he was exactly what that team needed.

Just saying, if he signs then why not wait and see before righting him off...

I’m pretty sure if he actually signs then everyone will hope he does well. I’d love to be proved wrong. 

But people allowed to voice an opinion that they don’t think this is what we need. Every club in the worlds fans do this. If I’ve previously thought someone was poor I’m not instantly going to forget that just because derby sign them.

9 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Then don't say anything, building expectations if you can't deliver isn't particularly wise. I'm not really digging Warne out, there just seems to be a disparity between what we're aiming to do and who we're signing.

Of course the Rhodes thing could be false and this could be complete conjecture; something is just slightly irking me about being told we're aiming for 23-28 year olds, the main position we're targeting is a striker, and then signing a 33 and 31 year old in that position...

But that's kind of my point..... I'm sure what Warne SAID he wants is true, but getting it is another matter 

We probably ARE aiming for that and he is only being honest, what's he supposed to say.... Well actually OB what well be signing is a fe journeymen, it's all were gonna be able to get but hopefully they'll be alright?? Yeah cos that wouldn't have sent the forum into meltdown would it? Lol 

37 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Rather we bought Lucas Jao from reading always done well against us. 

He's a free, however has been on high wages and has a poor injury record. Could be a big gamble at this stage. Likely to get championship and foreign interest. 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

That’s how real ITK talks because none of know for sure. We have information, from good sources that are often reliable but until the ref actually blows, no matter what we saw it won’t go on the scoreboard. Going to be interesting how it all settles. I am not at all worried. There are some weeks to go, Warne is not stupid or panicky. As the Ausis say,”She’ll be right mate” 

PS thanks @Big Trav. Love your delivery and openness, keeps us grounded 👍🏼🍻