Wayna Marcal-Madividua

MarsdenRam

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Wayna sounds like a girl's name

His name is Wanya. Not sure on how ITK that account is but it’s always fun to have a new name linked.

Made his senior debut for Leicester in FA Cup last season. Plays on either wing or in the 10 role (according to transfermarkt), but doesn’t have the strongest goals/assists per game ratio even at that level.

Be interested to see if we are to bring in a couple of wild card loans, but looking at the numbers (not always the best indicator I know) I think I’d prefer us to have another season with Dobbin.

11 minutes ago, roboto said:

His name is Wanya. Not sure on how ITK that account is but it’s always fun to have a new name linked.

Made his senior debut for Leicester in FA Cup last season. Plays on either wing or in the 10 role (according to transfermarkt), but doesn’t have the strongest goals/assists per game ratio even at that level.

Be interested to see if we are to bring in a couple of wild card loans, but looking at the numbers (not always the best indicator I know) I think I’d prefer us to have another season with Dobbin.

I would have thought Dobbin was a consideration all summer, it’s hard to know what Everton would be wanting for the loan in terms of fee, agents fee, or wages and the big question - would he want another season in the third division as a starting substitute?

So would that be a loan fee plus salary on top ? Or do these things work like pay us the fee and we’ll carry on with the PAYE and wages ? 

If it’s simply the 150 k fee that ends up as 3k a week and not much risk if we don’t have to pay him, that doesn’t sound too bad for a starlet ? Different sums if we have to pay his wages as well. Hummm

Edited by jono

My gut says idle speculation (probably from his agent) really not sure that Warne would be keen on spending loan fees, with our position I'd imagine hed want to spend money on something more permanent. Any loan fee in Derbys position can't really be speculative on the possibility that they'll push us to promotion, as who knows if he is this generations Figo or this generations Candido Costa...

But I may be wrong, Warne does his due diligence and believes he is just the player we need.

4 hours ago, jono said:

So would that be a loan fee plus salary on top ? Or do these things work like pay us the fee and we’ll carry on with the PAYE and wages ? 

If it’s simply the 150 k fee that ends up as 3k a week and not much risk if we don’t have to pay him, that doesn’t sound too bad for a starlet ? Different sums if we have to pay his wages as well. Hummm

Jono - the original club will pay him and invoice DCFC I imagine.

I'll stick my neck out and say that a League One club on a tight budget, lead by a manager known for signing strong characters with proven track records won't spend (perhaps) 50% of his transfer budget on a young, unproven loanee. If this lad was good enough to justify that sort of fee, he wouldn't be loaned out to L1... 

However, if the £150k is wages (I.E. it's all in) then perhaps, as that works out to circa about £3k pw, it's a possibility but I don't see us paying significant loan fees.

£150k is not 50% of our transfer budget. We've been told that there was budget available and since then have received fees for Bielik and Knight. I'd go so far as saying that £150k being 10% of our transfer budget is conservative too, but probably a lot closer to what Warne actually has available to use if he wishes to.

On 16/07/2023 at 08:50, roboto said:

The good thing about loans is you can move on if they don't work. I've very, very rarely seen a striker miss so many straighforward goalscoring changes as Dobbin. And my word they were so very costly in terms of changing the course of matches (because goals almost always change games). An absolutely massive no from me to having the lad back.