Wayna Marcal-Madividua

MarsdenRam

5 hours ago, roboto said:

£150k is not 50% of our transfer budget. We've been told that there was budget available and since then have received fees for Bielik and Knight. I'd go so far as saying that £150k being 10% of our transfer budget is conservative too, but probably a lot closer to what Warne actually has available to use if he wishes to.

You don't know what our transfer budget is me old mucker and neither do I (hence why I said 'perhaps) but if we spend £300k in transfer fees this season, I'd be gobsmacked. Given there are so many players on a free, I just don't see us paying much in transfer fees. I could be wrong but neither of us knows - time may tell.

The Bielik money has prob gone straight to Arsenal (lots of threads about it with the consensus being we still owed £1.5m) and Knights fee has bolstered the accounts to give us some headroom for agents fees, wages, etc. We're not the same club we were 2 years ago - this version of DCFC under Clowes is all about being sensible with our money so I wouldn't expect the transfer fees we've received to be available to PW - certainly not all of it anyway.

1 minute ago, Bob Gnarly said:

Could this be a good find from Mark Thomas? I'm sure he has a track record of finding players such as these that end up being sold for a decent profit later down the line? 

Not if you read the original post, £150k loan fee with no option to buy.

On 17/07/2023 at 16:12, Raich Carter said:

You don't know what our transfer budget is me old mucker and neither do I (hence why I said 'perhaps) but if we spend £300k in transfer fees this season, I'd be gobsmacked. Given there are so many players on a free, I just don't see us paying much in transfer fees. I could be wrong but neither of us knows - time may tell.

The Bielik money has prob gone straight to Arsenal (lots of threads about it with the consensus being we still owed £1.5m) and Knights fee has bolstered the accounts to give us some headroom for agents fees, wages, etc. We're not the same club we were 2 years ago - this version of DCFC under Clowes is all about being sensible with our money so I wouldn't expect the transfer fees we've received to be available to PW - certainly not all of it anyway.

I think you forgetting little belik world cup fee 122k so that could be used also.