Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So, signing Billy Sharp was not the worst case scenario after all......

But selling Max Bird so that we can fund Billy Sharp's wages really would be.

That would be hard to take. My favourite players have left or about to leave. 
replaced by people I don’t like or have respect for

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Your personal example is nowhere near the same magnitude that Sharp has had to face and I reckon you know it. What was said to you was just an attempt at intimidation not highly offensive allegations. I don’t know what this poor old man shouted to Sharp but I somewhat doubt it was particularly friendly banter.

I don’t want Sharp to join Derby mainly because I don’t think he would offer enough but also because of the bad blood between him and a certain section of Derby supporters. But, we shouldn’t forget, those Derby supporters started it all (I believe) and Sharp had finally had enough. I would defy anyone to put up with what he’s had to face without snapping.

You are completely wrong in your first statement largely because you are not comparing like for like, and mixing up the two things.  I completely abhor the personal abuse that Derby fans have given the bloke in relation to false accusations and his personal tragedy.  I don’t like it, I don’t want to see or hear it.  People that shout such stuff deserve life time bans. So please don’t play the holier than thou card on me WRTT.

Given Sharp’s reaction “so what are you going to do about it” I reckon the bloke just told him to F’off.  If he did make accusations or call him anything else then perhaps he deserved it, on that you could well be right, I guess we will never know.

I have (on a rare occasion) shouted for opposition players to F’ off when they have come to us when celebrating goals and cupping their ears etc, but they expect/ want that reaction and that is what they get.

My example was more about the Wrexham players giving large, just like that bloke did for me.  On the level that we played it was pretty much like for like - nest-ce pas?  Other than a man and his dog, the other side of the pitch there was no one to give me any grief from the crowd!

if it was only Derby fans and players he had a grudge with then fine (or not, but you get my drift) but the Wrexham example just illustrates a pattern of behaviour of a player who can dish it out and can’t take it back.  He’s a typical bully in my book.

He could have made his point in the interview in a much much better way, but can’t because he either just not bright enough, or too nasty, or a combination of both - take you pick 

Sorry, still not changed my mind!  It’s still a no from me.

Alan Nixon saying that we are in talks with Sheff Utd about a deal for Billy Sharp but terms not yet agreed and the player has yet to commit. Cov also want him as a squad player and Rotherham also interested.

Says no deal for Jordan Rhodes as his package at Huddersfield is too lucrative.

2 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Alan Nixon saying that we are in talks with Sheff Utd about a deal for Billy Sharp but terms not yet agreed and the player has yet to commit. Cov also want him as a squad player and Rotherham also interested.

Not disputing what you’re sharing, thank you, but odd wording from Nixon if that is the case. Sharp is a free agent having left Sheff Utd in the summer, there’s surely no need to speak to the club, we’d just deal with the player and his agent? 

21 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

My mistake, Nixon saying we are in talks with Sharp and his agent, Sheff Utd not involved

30 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Best case he goes to Cov and we get Godden

The lad has hardly committed international war crimes. I’d take him. Knows where the net is. Don’t care who he is tbh.

Imagine if you received the abuse he got  just walking down the street. 

I want this club out this poxy division and I don’t care if our front two are called Osama and Adolf. 

21 minutes ago, Diego said:

The lad has hardly committed international war crimes. I’d take him. Knows where the net is. Don’t care who he is tbh.

Imagine if you received the abuse he got  just walking down the street. 

I want this club out this poxy division and I don’t care if our front two are called Osama and Adolf. 

Osama and Adolf are just as old and slow. 

Osama down the middle, And Adolph inside right,
They've both got massive todgers, but they're not very bright.
They shoot over the crossbar, and head the ball just wide.
And if we get a peno, they need a dog to guide.

*Sang to the tune of "My old man's an ex-forest player who beats his wife and breaks his leg."

On 02/08/2023 at 11:50, Terry Hennessy said:

I see Rotherham have pulled out of the "race" to sign him ... indicating he was faffing about and wouldn't give them an answer...sounds like a reliable bloke then...

To be fair would you want your prob last contract to be at Rotherham - sorry nothing against Rotherham but surely the getting derby promoted, or proving those lovely derby fans wrong, or being besties with ryan reynolds, or helping poor beleaguered whoever back are more appealing narratives? If he comes to us he will so want to rub it in the faces of those who hate him - what motivation to score/assist and celebrate! I hope