Matt Godden

TomTom92

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Godden swap deal involving Sibley maybe?

Having read some of the comments on the Conor Washington thread why don’t we swap him for Godden, Washington hasn’t even scored for us yet and seems to be a hybrid of Caskey,Greenwood &Hales 😀

Edited by Henrycav81

41 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Can we stop with the 31 being old. 31 isn’t old, just the end of peak age. 
matty hidden in league 1 will fire 20 goals easy. Great signing if we can make it happen 

Yes 👍🏼 ! In my book, after say 33 I am beginning to worry about longevity and acceleration / 1st yard stuff, but given the likes of Didsy, Sherringham, Giggs 31 is fine as long as we don’t pay over the odds. It’s just the fee and and falling resale calculations that need to be accounted for in the sum total. 

Just now, jono said:

Yes 👍🏼 ! In my book, after say 33 I am beginning to worry about longevity and acceleration / 1st yard stuff, but given the likes of Didsy, Sherringham, Giggs 31 is fine as long as we don’t pay over the odds. It’s just the fee and and falling resale calculations that need to be accounted for in the sum total. 

About balance is it not? We already have 2 strikers at the wrong end of the spectrum. Don’t need 3. 

44 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He looks like Paul Warnes lovechild. I'm calling nepotism here.

Call them by all means but you will be in a queue for ages and will get a message saying your call is important to us. It rings  and rings, eventually you give up when your phone battery is shot to run out. If you do hang on for a longer and get through, you get through to an overseas agent who  asks you verify your own details and then they transfer you to another line, which just rings and rings forever.

3 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

Call them by all means but you will be in a queue for ages and will get a message saying your call is important to us. It rings  and rings, eventually you give up when your phone battery is shot to run out. If you do hang on for a longer and get through, you get through to an overseas agent who  asks you verify your own details and then they transfer you to another line, which just rings and rings forever.

Wow! Your family do that to you too? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

About balance is it not? We already have 2 strikers at the wrong end of the spectrum. Don’t need 3. 

Whilst we are in league 1 with minimal finances available, you need to get what’s available in the market. Peak age players who are of 15-20 goal standard aren’t going to be available and they definitely aren’t going to be available for cheap. For that reason signing 30-31 year olds on a 2 year deal is great business 

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Whilst we are in league 1 with minimal finances available, you need to get what’s available in the market. Peak age players who are of 15-20 gold standard aren’t going to be available and they definitely aren’t going to be available for cheap. For that reason signing 30-31 year olds on a 2 year deal is great business 

Not when it’s 100% of your strike force and there’s zero resale value. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I like the description of him as a natural finisher.

How tall is he? I’ve seen 5’9”and 1.85m (6’1”)!

Our forward line is coming along nicely!

7FDA56C6-BD58-404B-8142-C357E8BB8EF0.jpeg

Tbf we've lost McGoldrick, Davies, Stearman, Chester...our new signings might be older but some of those leaving are bordering on care in the community 

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not when it’s 100% of your strike force and there’s zero resale value. 

Resale value doesn't even come into the equation when we're signing people on frees or for nominal fees.

If we start spending £500k + on 31+ years olds then you may have a point, but that's not going to happen.

Edited by Carnero