Matt Godden

TomTom92

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

DET saying QPR and Ipswich are also interested, not sure we can compete with them due to league status, however it could have a domino effect say if Ipswich were to sign him that may make them receptive to Ladapo leaving.

True but look at Bradley he took a step down because we are the mighty DCFC 🐏 

13 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

DET saying QPR and Ipswich are also interested, not sure we can compete with them due to league status, however it could have a domino effect say if Ipswich were to sign him that may make them receptive to Ladapo leaving.

Clarification point worth making, this article from Leigh Curtis (who's obviously reliable on us) doesn't say we're actually interested. He's just reporting on other reports.

FWIW, I don't think we are.

17 hours ago, Ramzabac said:

He had a unique ability to deliberately trip himself and get pens. Way before TV replays picked it up. I think it's a Leeds game where he clips his own heel. Class player despite his diving 

I wonder if City have any other used strikers on their books that they’d like to send us 🤪

18 hours ago, Ramzabac said:

He had a unique ability to deliberately trip himself and get pens. Way before TV replays picked it up. I think it's a Leeds game where he clips his own heel. Class player despite his diving 

The best for me was the home leg v Real Madrid. Went down like he’d been shot.

38 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

We got a good ‘reject’ from Arsenal at that time too!

What I’d give for a proper CF ! Pace, power, skill and a shot.

it’s been a while since we had a CF that scared opponents and was a big neon sign saying “give me the ball and I’ll do something dangerous with it.”

Crying out for a real Derby’s No 9 

Chrissy Martin (when he wasn’t falling over), or Nuge in his initial purple patch, maybe. CKR, once in a while, brave though he was. 

We need a king ! 

1 minute ago, jono said:

What I’d give for a proper CF ! Pace, power, skill and a shot.

it’s been a while since we had a CF that scared opponents and was a big neon sign saying “give me the ball and I’ll do something dangerous with it.”

Crying out for a real Derby’s No 9 

Chrissy Martin (when he wasn’t falling over), or Nuge in his initial purple patch, maybe. CKR, once in a while, brave though he was. 

We need a king ! 

Indeed , godden isn't that person 😂 would love Collins from bris rovers or Clarke harris personally 

On 11/07/2023 at 10:34, Srg said:

Clarification point worth making, this article from Leigh Curtis (who's obviously reliable on us) doesn't say we're actually interested. He's just reporting on other reports.

FWIW, I don't think we are.

Nor do I.  I struggle to believe that Coventry would bring Billy Sharp in and let Godden leave.  That was the basis on which Nixon claimed he was available.

On 10/07/2023 at 09:59, simmoram1995 said:

Through diving tbh as a club we’re too nice I’d actually applaud having a few nastier /sly players in our team

There’s diving and there’s diving

One makes sure the ref sees a foul - fair enough

The other is cheating - no thank you