Glastonbury 2023

OoooMarkWright

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I ordered a signed LP of his once.  Rang the number on his website and got through to him.  Nice chat.  Had a great voice 20 years ago, don't know about now.

Still good

10 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Glastonbury is full of lefty ,woke ,do good ,luvvy darling , remoaning hypocrites ! 

And most of the music is 💩 too !! 

If you really think the BBC is bad, I suggest you take a job which requires a lot of overseas travel, staying in hotels with only national TV channels and no internet connection.

12 hours ago, Monty said:

Pity the Glenn Tilbrook and Paul Carrack sets on the acoustic stage weren’t broadcast 

It is a bit of a shame with the Beeb coverage of Glasto that they focus so much on the main stages - what you then end up with is a fair chunk of ageing rock stars huffing and puffing their way through their greatest hits (or embarrassing themselves beyond compare - as per plastic surgery addict Billy Idol singing about "My Generation"). This year seemed to miss a lot of the new band coverage - besides Fred Again I saw very little that I thought "ooh, that's new and interesting".

28 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It is a bit of a shame with the Beeb coverage of Glasto that they focus so much on the main stages - what you then end up with is a fair chunk of ageing rock stars huffing and puffing their way through their greatest hits (or embarrassing themselves beyond compare - as per plastic surgery addict Billy Idol singing about "My Generation"). This year seemed to miss a lot of the new band coverage - besides Fred Again I saw very little that I thought "ooh, that's new and interesting".

You can watch anything and everything by the Red Button/iPlayer.

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

And the bloke in his 70's with the gold pants that won't stay up leaves everyone eating his dust.  Fantastic and I'm not a mega fan

Same here. I enjoyed his performance, his voice was better than I thought & wasn’t as vic reeves as I thought it would be. But 77 year old still being able to sing & play piano that quick is no easy feat. Over 50 years experience helps I suppose. But I struggle to tap my head & rub my belly at the same time & I’m 30 years younger!