Glastonbury 2023

OoooMarkWright

Christ Axl if you can't do it anymore don't.  Every high note sounds like a he's about to burst. His favourite band growing up was Nazareth.  When their singer Dam MaCafferty was given a COPD diagnosis he packed up saying if he couldn't bring his best people shouldn't be paying top dollar and not getting what they came for.  Take a leaf out of his book.  Appalling.  Sounds like a tribute act at The Flowerpot.

9 hours ago, Jubbs said:

People expect them to be the same band they were 20 years ago, they aren't. They've grown up and stopped singing about scrapping bouncers and people are whinging. They were great, their new sound isn't to everyone's taste but they're still easily the best British band of the 21st century by a country mile. Alex Turner has never been one for much crowd interaction, in fact he was actually doing a lot more than normal last night. Body Paint, from The Car, is outstanding and is one of their best songs. This guy summed it up nicely:

The Lathums played on the Other Stage at 1pm this afternoon, they were incredible. They'll be headlining the Pyramid Stage soon. 

The I Wanna Be Yours and Star Treatment mashup was sublime

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Christ Axl if you can't do it anymore don't.  Every high note sounds like a he's about to burst. His favourite band growing up was Nazareth.  When their singer Dam MaCafferty was given a COPD diagnosis he packed up saying if he couldn't bring his best people shouldn't be paying top dollar and not getting what they came for.  Take a leaf out of his book.  Appalling.  Sounds like a tribute act at The Flowerpot.

Maybe, but compared to when I saw them at Leeds Festival in 2010 in the "session musician" era, Axl was a fat sweating mess that night and spent more time off stage in his oxygen tent than he did on stage. Last night was great to see him looking fit and lively again. Apparently he's had throat problems in the last few weeks so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt..

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's been all downhill for him since 1992.

I always thought his voice was the weakest part of the band since they arrived on the scene. Ok in a few songs but after a while it's like nails down a blackboard.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Anyone who likes hip-hop needs to check out Loyle Carner's set yesterday. 

Incredible performance, powerful messages throughout. Live band behind him really upped the set too. 

Been a fan for years, he's so clever and thought provoking, a poet for modern times.

So who are the next big up & coming headline bands? Seeing Download & Glastonbury lineups got me wondering. They can’t keep wheeling out 70’s/80’s icons out, time waits for no one. Can’t keep relying on David Grohl gatecrashing other performances either. Or is it Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé & Artic Monkeys for the next 20 years? 

Edited by Mr. P

46 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

So who are the next big up & coming headline bands? Seeing Download & Glastonbury lineups got me wondering. They can’t keep wheeling out 70’s/80’s icons out, time waits for no one. Can’t keep relying on David Grohl gatecrashing other performances either. Or is it Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé & Artic Monkeys for the next 20 years? 

Believe this week is the first time in history that the UK charts have 3 British rap artists as the top 3 songs. Tastes have just changed at the moment. These bands exists, but they’re not mainstream.