Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

15 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

But under contract ? 

Sure, it's protection, but that doesn't stop him getting his head turned before we get any practical benefit. It's just a by product of the exposure.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Crewton said:

What a great achievement for the lad 👏🏻

Trouble is, he'll definitely be attracting interest now.

Would you rather we have an academy/squad full of players that nobody else is interested in?

Edited by Carnero

I’m thinking Warne will look at Brown, conclude he might not be ready for the championship and loan him out to league 1 first half of season if someone bites.

We might struggle for goals and he’s doing well, so returns to the fold in January. Just a random thought how it could play out.

18 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

I’m thinking Warne will look at Brown, conclude he might not be ready for the championship and loan him out to league 1 first half of season if someone bites.

We might struggle for goals and he’s doing well, so returns to the fold in January. Just a random thought how it could play out.

He needs another loan at a higher level too. 

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

He needs another loan at a higher level too. 

That’s my expectation but depends if he comes back from pre season having scored goals for fun. It would be daft to ship him out if he’s almost ready for the first team and too soon to judge what he’s up against for a place.

Would likely benefit from another successful loan but I’d be equally happy if Warne is so impressed pre season that he keeps him around the first team.