Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I was there tonight. We looked good at times first half but didn't take our chances. Poor defending for all three goals against, unfortunately, and Burnley deserved their win. 

A game to forget for our goalkeeper, who had played brilliantly last week. Such a shame.

I have heard that playing the triallists was not a choice (itk!). It was pretty obvious they've had limited time training with the squad, but under 21 games are more about player development than winning things.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I was there tonight. We looked good at times first half but didn't take our chances. Poor defending for all three goals against, unfortunately, and Burnley deserved their win. 

A game to forget for our goalkeeper, who had played brilliantly last week. Such a shame.

I have heard that playing the triallists was not a choice (itk!). It was pretty obvious they've had limited time training with the squad, but under 21 games are more about player development than winning things.

Any word on who the trialists were and also if we’re looking to sign them? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Any word on who the trialists were and also if we’re looking to sign them? 

Apparently from Aston Villa but no names mentioned. I presume we are wanting to have a look at them, hence them "gate-crashing" our final! 

Edited by angieram