Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

Morgan Spencer was one of the triallists. They announced his name when he was substituted. Looked impressive in the 10 role first half, dropped him deeper second, not so good.

Harry Evans was excellent in goal. Early second half Everton had a spell and he made some superb saves. Kept us in it and we went on to score two quick goals on the break. 

Well worth our win.

The Central League Cup final will be at Pride Park next Tuesday.

Match report up already - https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/04/u21-match-report-derby-county-vs-everton-april-2024-premier-league-2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Morgan Spencer was one of the triallists. They announced his name when he was substituted. Looked impressive in the 10 role first half, dropped him deeper second, not so good.

Harry Evans was excellent in goal. Early second half Everton had a spell and he made some superb saves. Kept us in it and we went on to score two quick goals on the break. 

Well worth our win.

The Central League Cup final will be at Pride Park next Tuesday.

Match report up already - https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/04/u21-match-report-derby-county-vs-everton-april-2024-premier-league-2

Could it have been Morten Spencer? 20 year old Norwegian from Leeds academy?

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

It could be. I'm a bit deaf! 

🤣 I only asked as a Google of Morgan Spencer brought up an American Football player, so I tried to find alternatives and Morten Spencer came up.
Asked a mate of mine who worked for Leeds about him and he spoke highly of his ability, said they signed him as an exciting prospect from Sunderland but it hasn’t quite worked out for him, reckons the talent is there but maybe the expectation affected him but with the right club and the right support could be a good player.

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

🤣 I only asked as a Google of Morgan Spencer brought up an American Football player, so I tried to find alternatives and Morten Spencer came up.
Asked a mate of mine who worked for Leeds about him and he spoke highly of his ability, said they signed him as an exciting prospect from Sunderland but it hasn’t quite worked out for him, reckons the talent is there but maybe the expectation affected him but with the right club and the right support could be a good player.

He was certainly impressive, composed - and if it helps, he was very fair, so could be Scandinavian. 

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Could it have been Morten Spencer? 20 year old Norwegian from Leeds academy?

A young Norwegian player, born in Yorkshire? Will probably be as rubbish as that other one playing in Manchester... 🙂 

Edited by roboto

1 hour ago, tinman said:

U21’s threw away a 3 goal lead to lose at Sunderland today. 

According to a pic of the teamsheet, triallists for us were:

Dan Ellison (20 years old CB - 30 games 4 goals for Chippenham in NL South this season)

Diamond Edwards (20yr old midfielder from Southampton)

Mani Ilesanmi (19 yr old CF from Harrogate Town)

Jerome Richards also had a (T) next to his name but online searches said he was already with Derby’s U18s this season.

20 hours ago, Dan_Ram said:

Dan Ellison (20 years old CB - 30 games 4 goals for Chippenham in NL South this season)

Heard very good things about him.