IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, angieram said:

He is excellent,  isn't he?

He has just turned 17, btw. Last week! 

I’d love him to play with the 21s until January next season and then try get him a 6 month loan if the academy lads reckon he’s ready. 

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Has he signed a professional contract with us yet, do you know?

9 hours ago, angieram said:

Looks at ease on the ball. Shame for the lads last night, I thought Burnley showed a bit more physically.

How close do some of regular academy watchers think Riley Moloney is to breaking into the first team? Could he be a LWB option for the first team in the next year or two? It's a shame Dylan Williams left when he did really.

59 minutes ago, Carnero said:

How close do some of regular academy watchers think Riley Moloney is to breaking into the first team? Could he be a LWB option for the first team in the next year or two? It's a shame Dylan Williams left when he did really.

They seem to be converting him to a winger to allow Gill to play LB. I would be surprised if he plays for our first team over the next couple of years. He suffered with injury a lot during his U18 years, and I would say he's still playing catch up.

He's done well to stay fit and play every game since September, so I can see him kicking on next season. At that point we'll see at what level to loan him out for the 25/26 season.