Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne said he hopes to get a striker & midfielder in next week as well as Sibley & Barkhuizen back training.

He mentioned losing Didzys goals & Knights energy in midfield & they need replacing.

The frustrating thing is - he’s known about these departures for a while. Didzy was earlier in Summer and interest in Knight had been around for a while. You prepare for that. You make that a priority. Instead, we’re left chasing our tails! So frustrating

5 minutes ago, r4derby said:

The frustrating thing is - he’s known about these departures for a while. Didzy was earlier in Summer and interest in Knight had been around for a while. You prepare for that. You make that a priority. Instead, we’re left chasing our tails! So frustrating

mcgoldrick should have been replaced the minute we knew he wasnt signing which was very early in the window

our monuverability in the transfer market dictates it should have been done early in the summer when a wider pool of players were available

plus what is the point in getting washington & waghorn if they arent mcgoldricks replacement?

8 minutes ago, alram said:

mcgoldrick should have been replaced the minute we knew he wasnt signing which was very early in the window

our monuverability in the transfer market dictates it should have been done early in the summer when a wider pool of players were available

plus what is the point in getting washington & waghorn if they arent mcgoldricks replacement?

Replacements for Dobbin and Osula. We've yet to replace the main man.

30 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I imagine he is just as frustrated as us, its not just on Warne to get the right players through the door, it's on the scouts, Thomas, Pearson & Clowes as well. 

Im sure they would have all liked us to be able to go to someone like Ipswich & say here is X amount for Ladapo & you can have X amount wages....same for JCH at Peterborough...but we are simply not in a position to do that, and that is through no fault of Warne, Clowes etc

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I wonder if the striker is Josh Coburn, Middlesbrough are about to sign a striker and apparently want another one. Coburn would make sense on a lot of fronts 

Carrick pretty much confirmed that Coburn will go out on loan according to their local press, seems again like they are waiting on ins first

1 hour ago, alram said:

While I agree, sometimes more players are available later in the window when other teams' have finalised their own incomings and can afford to let players leave. It's part of the reason deadline day is always so chaotic, because while everyone would ideally like to do their business early, when deals are contingent on other signings, it often drags on towards the latter end of the window.

It's no bad thing to have depth either; both Waggy and Washington can play as a #10, while McGoldrick's replacement is likely to be our first choice out and out #9.

From comments this week, I suspect we'll see a few more outgoings than we expected which could completely change our plans and how the squad looks come September- could free up more funds to splash on a marquee striker signing (although that's likely baseless optimism)

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Carrick pretty much confirmed that Coburn will go out on loan according to their local press, seems again like they are waiting on ins first

Yh I might have accidentally got something right 😂. Just seen carrick said they’re going to send Coburn on loan once they get strikers in.

39 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yh I might have accidentally got something right 😂. Just seen carrick said they’re going to send Coburn on loan once they get strikers in.

My ITK source advises there's been a mistake with the email and it's accidentally gone to the Estate of James Coburn.  we may wind with a 1960's gunslinger and this lad will end up at Bolton. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My ITK source advises there's been a mistake with the email and it's accidentally gone to the Estate of James Coburn.  we may wind with a 1960's gunslinger and this lad will end up at Bolton. 

I'll have some of what you've been on today. Have you been out in the sun without your bobble hat?! 😉 😄