Summer Rumour Mill

sage

4 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

We lacked goals and created a lot of opportunities but you want us to steer clear of the leagues top scorer?  Not sure I follow this logic.

He would cost a lot and for me he’s not worth it …think we’d be better off finding our own ….no disrespect to Didzy but he scored more than he’s ever scored in a season …it’s league1 we don’t need to spend silly money there’s plenty that could get us 20 goals next season …exactly how much do you reckon posh would want for him? And have you seen him play much because I don’t rate him 

Re: McGoldrick

It’s dragging on that long I’m starting to convince myself that I wouldn’t be that disheartened if he didn’t sign. 

The positives for him staying are obvious but if he did leave then we’re losing a 35 year old striker…Nothing long term about his renewal.

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Re: McGoldrick

It’s dragging on that long I’m starting to convince myself that I wouldn’t be that disheartened if he didn’t sign. 

The positives for him staying are obvious but if he did leave then we’re losing a 35 year old striker…Nothing long term about his renewal.

It depends doesn't it, he was a joy to watch at times, not just for his goals. Can we replace the quality as well as the quantity?

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think he will choose us over them.

Why leave get promation back to champership.

He would have committed to us by now. I’m resigned to him going. 

24 minutes ago, Diego said:

He would have committed to us by now. I’m resigned to him going. 

I think that the quality of contracts been discussed, is what will decide things. If it was simply a case of going to Notts if they got promoted, then surely he would have gone by now? Likewise, if he wasn't interested in moving, then surely he would have announced that by now also? That leaves us with him trying to negotiate the best deal possible, with whoever.

Derby should be looking at an alternative and if they identify one, sign him up and let Didzy go. After all Didzy is no spring chicken and if we can identify a younger player who could do a job in lg1 and the championship over the next few years, that would be a more progressive choice.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The transfer window has been open for just under ten hours at this point and we have signed nobody.

Sack the board. Sack the new fella from Oxford. Sack Warne. Fire someone in to the sun on the next SpaceX rocket. 

Transfer window doesn't open until the 14th.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The transfer window has been open for just under ten hours at this point and we have signed nobody.

Sack the board. Sack the new fella from Oxford. Sack Warne. Fire someone in to the sun on the next SpaceX rocket. 

"EXTERRRR-MINAAAATE !!

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that the quality of contracts been discussed, is what will decide things. If it was simply a case of going to Notts if they got promoted, then surely he would have gone by now? Likewise, if he wasn't interested in moving, then surely he would have announced that by now also? That leaves us with him trying to negotiate the best deal possible, with whoever.

Derby should be looking at an alternative and if they identify one, sign him up and let Didzy go. After all Didzy is no spring chicken and if we can identify a younger player who could do a job in lg1 and the championship over the next few years, that would be a more progressive choice.

Or it WAS as simple as if Notts get promoted he’d go there but then he had a great season here, scored a load, built a relationship with the fans, his mate Collins is here and it suddenly became a more complex decision and he is taking his time to make up his mind.

Those saying if he was going to sign with us he would have done so already, you could easily say if he was going to leave he would have done so by now. He might stay, he might leave, it’ll take whatever time it takes and everyone just has to wait until that decision is announced. 
What we have heard from the club, and the local press is that things are progressing with our recruitment and we will hear more as and when it happens. Patience folks, there’s still plenty of time. 

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think he will choose us over them.

Why leave get promation back to champership.

Could be that he wants a 2 year contract instead on only 1 year? I know 25 goal strikers are hard to find and we were still another 20 goals short of Automatic.

18 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Or it WAS as simple as if Notts get promoted he’d go there but then he had a great season here, scored a load, built a relationship with the fans, his mate Collins is here and it suddenly became a more complex decision and he is taking his time to make up his mind.

Those saying if he was going to sign with us he would have done so already, you could easily say if he was going to leave he would have done so by now. He might stay, he might leave, it’ll take whatever time it takes and everyone just has to wait until that decision is announced. 
What we have heard from the club, and the local press is that things are progressing with our recruitment and we will hear more as and when it happens. Patience folks, there’s still plenty of time. 

Good post. If he goes then so be it, frees up some space in the wage bill and we move on to other targets and people. I trust the current establishment at Pride Park to do the right things in either eventuality.

FWIW I think Didzy would be mad to go elsewhere based on on-pitch aspects. He's clearly loved by fans and management alike, playing in a system that suits him as demonstrated by his most prolific season in his long career. Also, we're obviously looking for promotion and all things being equal, we should be a force to be reckoned with next season whereas Notts County are likely to be looking to stabilise after promotion. Why would you take the risk of playing a different system for a club in a very different position...?

Obviously we have no idea what's going on off the pitch. Loyalty, logistics, money, etc - all unknowns really. 

Either way, he seems a really decent fella and I wish him the best in whatever he choses to do.