Our best free transfer

dog

Not sure if this is best talent-wise or best for impact at the level we were playing at the time, but at least an honourable mention for Matt Oakley

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

To change the thread slightly, what's the biggest profit we have made on a free transfer? 

I am thinking it might be Lee Grant. Sold for £1.2m.

Is there any better?

It’s about time we started making profit on players. 
Under Morris think we wasted 35M without getting a single penny back.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

To change the thread slightly, what's the biggest profit we have made on a free transfer? 

I am thinking it might be Lee Grant. Sold for £1.2m.

Is there any better?

Wouldn't the Chris Martin fee (to Fulham) top that one?

9 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Eranio then Raziak loved Marco reich as well 

Didn't realise Rasiak was a free - what a brilliant signing - and for how much did we sell him to Spurs? Maybe tops the Martin fee (?)

Reich was great to watch and scored a couple of brilliant goals (if memory serves, one at Cardiff, and one in a home win vs Ipswich?)

3 minutes ago, jameso said:

Didn't realise Rasiak was a free - what a brilliant signing - and for how much did we sell him to Spurs? Maybe tops the Martin fee (?)

Reich was great to watch and scored a couple of brilliant goals (if memory serves, one at Cardiff, and one in a home win vs Ipswich?)

I think it was a miserly 1.5 mill with Huddlestone at 700k.  In the days we were funding Murdos hot tub in Spain.

2 hours ago, jameso said:

It was against Millwall (if its the one I'm thinking of. Absolute cracking goal.