Lee Bonis - new contract at Larne

Arsene Titman

46 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Apparently a £300k asking price: https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/four-english-clubs-battle-out-26771396

Larne won the title for the first time in their history, so if he stays he has a Champions League qualifier to lok forward to! Watching the vid, I like that he gets in the box and scores all those goals from close. A striker's instinct. But obviously the standard is much lower. Interesting to see if we do take a punt.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to stay there for the 1st round of Champions League qualification (2nd leg is July 19th), maybe even 2nd qualifying round too (2nd leg  August 2nd) so that he doesn't miss out on playing in Europe. They're unlikely to go further than that based on how Linfield usually do.

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Apparently a £300k asking price: https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/four-english-clubs-battle-out-26771396

Larne won the title for the first time in their history, so if he stays he has a Champions League qualifier to lok forward to! Watching the vid, I like that he gets in the box and scores all those goals from close. A striker's instinct. But obviously the standard is much lower. Interesting to see if we do take a punt.

He could probably play in that champions league round Or two before the end of our transfer window 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He could probably play in that champions league round Or two before the end of our transfer window 

They could play in 4 rounds before the window closes, but they're unlikely to reach that far, and it would impact the start of our own season too much.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They could play in 4 rounds before the window closes, but they're unlikely to reach that far, and it would impact the start of our own season too much.

Get him to sign a contract from a date but let him play in them games! Could do us a favour before he even joins us, value Could rocket or just be how he is 

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Get him to sign a contract from a date but let him play in them games! Could do us a favour before he even joins us, value Could rocket or just be how he is 

There’s no benefit to this. He would just as likely break his leg. If we are in a transfer window, which we are, the move would be immediate, or you’d wait before agreeing. 

In the northern Ireland manager's chat about him he mentions workrate quite a lot and that he's an ideal forward for leading the press from the front. Sounds like something Warne would appreciate.  Can't help thinking of Shane Long from what I've heard/seen and I'd be very happy if we got him and he had anything like that type of career!! Maybe worth a gamble at 300k 

36 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

In the northern Ireland manager's chat about him he mentions workrate quite a lot and that he's an ideal forward for leading the press from the front. Sounds like something Warne would appreciate.  Can't help thinking of Shane Long from what I've heard/seen and I'd be very happy if we got him and he had anything like that type of career!! Maybe worth a gamble at 300k 

If that would buy him it's not a lot to gamble on a striker even with our current restrictions.

2 hours ago, Geriatram said:

Can't help thinking of Billy Caskey reading this post.

I thought that. Billy Caskey and Vic Moreland - the horror! But I remembered back then we were in the top flight and should not have been fishing in that lake, but now we're in the third division, so it seems more appropriate.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I thought that. Billy Caskey and Vic Moreland - the horror! But I remembered back then we were in the top flight and should not have been fishing in that lake, but now we're in the third division, so it seems more appropriate.

You've done it. I won't sleep now....

Doc-1.jpg.a2d676624ca4f13cbfdf3e229d75fb2f.jpg

And - remember - Moreland and Caskey were replacements for Colin Todd and Charlie George!!!!

Edited by IslandExile

Regarding strikers.  I'm pretty sure we need some cash in before we can get one that involves a fee. As I've mentioned before If you've spent 50 million paying someone else's bar bill of the best champers your not getting another round in. Hopefully we shift our Polish superstar nobody wants for enough to pay what's left of his fee as a starter.   

Not even sure what the loosening of transfers dealings means.  We may be allowed to pay fees but only spend what's brought in.?

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

As a little kid, I remember that I used to pretend to be Billy Caskey when I played football on my front lawn…

I told my dad about that a few years ago. His response was “You poor b******”