Mel Morris

Steve How Hard?

Does anyone know anything about his whereabouts and what he's currently up to? I understand that probably to most people they have zero interest in this and most likely want to forget he ever existed.

The reason I ask is that I've just spent the weekend up in the North East on my nephews stag do. Part of the weekend saw us take in a non-league game at Morpeth Town. Cracking game btw. 

Whilst there I spotted a chap remarkably similar to our ex owner. I took a picture of said chap but I'm not sure if I can post it here. Just wondered if he'd relocated to the area. 

52 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Does anyone know anything about his whereabouts and what he's currently up to? I understand that probably to most people they have zero interest in this and most likely want to forget he ever existed.

The reason I ask is that I've just spent the weekend up in the North East on my nephews stag do. Part of the weekend saw us take in a non-league game at Morpeth Town. Cracking game btw. 

Whilst there I spotted a chap remarkably similar to our ex owner. I took a picture of said chap but I'm not sure if I can post it here. Just wondered if he'd relocated to the area. 

Someone posted a picture of him on Twitter a week or two ago. No idea where it was but it looked like he was in a playground with (presumably) his grandkids. 

13 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Someone posted a picture of him on Twitter a week or two ago. No idea where it was but it looked like he was in a playground with (presumably) his grandkids. 

Haven’t seen the picture, if true, to post one online of his grandkids is plain wrong.

I don’t care who you are, or what you have done, posting pictures of children online without seeking permission from the parents  is just, again, plain wrong.

Whenever I want to put a picture on my Instagram account with a mates kid or my own nieces/nephews, I always check first if it’s ok.

I may be in a minority here, but think the feeling of hatred towards Mel is too much. He gambled, and thought he was too clever for his own good, and for Derby's good, but in reality, his intentions were true and good.

Lionel Pickering left Derby County in administration, and opened the pathway for the Three Amigos to get control of the club. Lionel is held in high regard. But his judgement was poor too.

Double standards.

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I may be in a minority here, but think the feeling of hatred towards Mel is too much. He gambled, and thought he was too clever for his own good, and for Derby's good, but in reality, his intentions were true and good.

Lionel Pickering left Derby County in administration, and opened the pathway for the Three Amigos to get control of the club. Lionel is held in high regard. But his judgement was poor too.

Double standards.

I agree to a point I think Mel’s intentions were true and good, but Lionel virtually skint himself backing Derby and didn’t have the finances to prevent administration where as Mel did. Also Lionel took us out of that crook Maxwells ownership which we should be ever grateful for. Mel actually took over a well ran club as the Americans put us back on an even keel

33 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Double standards.

I think the difference at the end isn't great. The penalties were higher for the club going into admin  due to changes of EFL rules. And the losses were bigger under Morris he left an even bigger mess than Pickering left behind.

Plus Pickering had a lot of credit (ie brownie points)  in the bank, from promotion to the Prem and building PPS. Morris never had any of that.  

I agree though the hatred of Morris was way over the top. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Haven’t seen the picture, if true, to post one online of his grandkids is plain wrong.

I don’t care who you are, or what you have done, posting pictures of children online without seeking permission from the parents  is just, again, plain wrong.

Whenever I want to put a picture on my Instagram account with a mates kid or my own nieces/nephews, I always check first if it’s ok.

I don’t think the kids were in the picture. I’m just assuming that’s who he was with. Either that or he enjoys spending time in kids’ playgrounds.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Double standards.

Lionel had advancing dementia that was only diagnosed just befor he left Derby. That certainly would have been behind him turning down bids for players before taking lesser ones and constantly losing his s*** with directors he'd worked with for a long time.  Mel was a narcissistic t*** who didn't want to work with any other directors and probably spends 20 mins a day snogging his reflection.

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Double standards.

Have you forgiven him for going into the changing room now after that bad result? 

I can still see his veins pulsing on his head when you steamed into him at the forum meeting at Moor Farm 😂

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Double standards.

I agree.

You're in a minority.

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

No way he "left us in administration". The Co-op ripped the club away from Pickering by forcing a pre-pack administration, arranged behind his back, so they could take control themselves then effectively gift the club to the 3 Amigos for price of £3. The club was in administration for a matter of minutes.

Edited by therealhantsram

40 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

No way he "left us in administration". The Co-op ripped the club away from Pickering by forcing a pre-pack administration, arranged behind his back, so they could take control themselves then effectively gift the club to the 3 Amigos for price of £3. The club was in administration for a matter of minutes.

That's not quite how it all happened though is it?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's not quite how it all happened though is it?

No? Do spill the beans then, because that's how it was described at the 3 Amigos trial. What is it you know that wasn't presented to the court?

"to reduce £27m it was owed, the Co-Op Bank put Derby into receivership. Then the club was immediately sold to Keith's consortium. The manoeuvre cost the former chairman, Lionel Pickering, who had overseen Derby's 1997 move to Pride Park, £12m and significant sums were also lost by other shareholders, including the property developer and Derby County supporter Peter Gadsby.

Judge Ian Alexander, who on Monday at Northampton Crown Court sentenced Keith to 18 months in prison for false accounting and Mackay and Mackenzie each to three years for conspiracy to defraud, said those three had become "controllers of the club for the sum of £3". Lowe was sentenced to two years for money laundering."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2009/jul/22/david-conn-derby-county

27 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

No? Do spill the beans then, because that's how it was described at the 3 Amigos trial. What is it you know that wasn't presented to the court?

"to reduce £27m it was owed, the Co-Op Bank put Derby into receivership. Then the club was immediately sold to Keith's consortium. The manoeuvre cost the former chairman, Lionel Pickering, who had overseen Derby's 1997 move to Pride Park, £12m and significant sums were also lost by other shareholders, including the property developer and Derby County supporter Peter Gadsby.

The point was how it got that far, what did Lionel do or not do? You've left the run up to that final moment out.

Edited by RoyMac5