Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

4 hours ago, David said:

Well that was an extremely comfortable afternoon in the sun, Wildsmith should have brought his deckchair and magazine to read.

3 points on the board, back into the top 6 and our destiny in our own hands again, cheers Burton, smell ya later 👋

May have been very different had they not hit the post first half...

Good 3 points with the same side from the Exeter win , should have been done and dusted 3 or four goal win before the nervy final ten minute , when I say nervy I mean nervy for us fans who are used to the old kick in the nuts routine, not the team who didn’t look anywhere near as nervy as they have when faced with the situation lately , the team looks more balance and has more energy and bite in midfield , the first ten to fifteen was a battle to win the midfield scrap , we won it then grew into the game ,, come on derby let’s do the same next week 💪, it could be done and dusted before our trip to Sheffield 🤞

1 hour ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Well done today, I’ve just had my very own Super Saturday. New grandson born this morning, Derby win and I saw this lovely man pre match who very kindly let me take his picture. 

79396295-5769-4BAF-891B-553181362BC3.jpeg

Who is it🤷🏻‍♂️

What a difference a week makes!

Massive credit has to go to Warne, his coaches, and the players for finding the character and the nerve to bounce back and earn two big wins.

There have been times in recent games - the equaliser v MK Dons, the stoppage time penalty v Bristol Rovers, Bolton and Peterborough leading at HT in midweek, and Burton holding firm at HT today - that might have broken other teams’ spirit.

But not us.

The agonising thing is that the work is not over. We still have two big games and two big performances required. We might need four points.

We have to expect Peterborough will fight us all the way. But honestly I think that’s for the best - we want to be going into the play-offs in winning form, with momentum, and ready to dig deep.

It’s going to be a fun few weeks!

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its a game of opinions but, goalkeeper aside, I thought they were awful.

They worked hard but I saw nothing to fear (slips and self inflicted mistakes apart) throughout the game.
They might have seemed to match us at times but that was because we were daft enough to try and play lump it league one football.
Whenever we actually played it on the ground we were a mile ahead. Trouble is didn’t do it often enough. Finishing wasn’t great and we lacked 5% of self belief. That said it is wins like this that fill up the belief tank. I predict we will kick on now, that did everyone a world of good.