Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

9 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I love Curtis I hope he manages us one day, but he really does look like he's running in treacle now, against a better opposition I hope it doesn't catch us out playing 3 at the back with him there we were lucky at one point today.

You're kidding, except for his dwelling on the ball once 1st half he absolutely marshalled the defence. The reason they stand firm is he is directing them, as does Hourihane, really well.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're kidding, except for his dwelling on the ball once 1st half he absolutely marshalled the defence. The reason they stand firm is he is directing them, as does Hourihane, really well.

Second half he got massively outpaced down our left luckily we got cover back, I get you he's a leader and a great one, but if he's left as the last man back up against a pacey team I do worry.

Just now, YouRams said:

Second half he got massively outpaced down our left luckily we got cover back, I get you he's a leader and a great one, but if he's left as the last man back up against a pacey team I do worry.

To which particular goal-scoring opportunity do you refer?

Plenty of positives from today, only a combination of good goalkeeping and lacklustre finishing stopped it being a more commanding score line (how many times has that happened this season?)
Good possession, plenty of shots, out passed them, kept a clean sheet. Happy days 🐏 

08967B68-0C42-4751-824C-43A297B0118B.png

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Roberts unlucky not to get MOTM for me. 
Better team performance than recently - more intent with the movement forwards rather than lumping it forward aimlessly. Got Bird, Sibley and Hourihane on the ball in their half regularly rather than between our centre backs. 

A little Frustrating that we didn’t make changes a bit earlier. Can’t whinge that we’re running out of steam but wait until 75 minutes to freshen it up… 

A good result today and that makes it unbeaten in 5 so hopefully putting a run together just at the right time. Performances do matter though and we’ll need to be right at it for the last 2 matches.