Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

Was reassuring to have Fozzie and Curtis at the back. Overall I think we benefit having their experience on the pitch. Hope Curtis has an ice bath before getting on the coach

Also hope PW continues with Sibley playing high. He didn’t have a great game but he needs a proper chance and I think he could score some vital goals in the next 3 games 

5 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Do agree, but was best have seen us play with three at the back for a long time. Not really sure what it achieves personally. But am a bit more optimistic for Saturday!

It means, a bit like when Collins plays, we are effectively playing with 10 men. Best thing about tonight that (as has been previously seen) without Collins we can and do play football.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It would appear that it's  fluid attacking football against s*** or weakened sides, hopeless long ball against good sides or when we've fallen behind in a game

Of course we won tonight because Exeter had a weakened side. My bad.

Or long ball when pressured into it by the opposition, and only away from home. 

17 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think it’s only fair to give the manager credit today because we were far better in the second half-until they scored. They looked far more up for it and deserved the win I thought. Someone else really needs to help DMcG out though on the goals front.

I was worried that the long coach journey back might affect us but have just heard that the EFL business plan dictates that we travel back by boat, so that’s that worry out of the way. 

🐏

Skateboard whilst wearing roller boots was what I last heard the Bamfords

18 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well this, I think was the first time we have changed it up at half time, and it reaped the rewards! Such a change from having it done to us!

Like BramcoteRam84 I was eased that we played football, and kept the long ball count down. 

Both sides we steady in the first half, and I am convinced that Warne sent the wrong Derby County team out fir the second half because we started the half really well, on the front foot and at tempo.

It seemed so obvious that Hourihane would roll the ball to change the angle for Didzy’s shot, but it still caught Exeter out. And apart from the goals, I though Roberts was in with a shout for man of the match. He played really well, and constantly wormed his way past two or three men at a time, while overcoming their attempts at WWF, but MIM could only go to our cheat code!

And well done to the ref - you had a good game, so get ready for your P45 in the morning!

Night all, and safe journey to all you heroes who made the journey to support the lads! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Agree but Dave - you’re going soft on the ref I think!! He was good on the whole but he lost the plot at the end, some poor decisions didn’t do anything when Wildsmith got kicked.

32 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think it’s only fair to give the manager credit today because we were far better in the second half-until they scored. They looked far more up for it and deserved the win I thought. Someone else really needs to help DMcG out though on the goals front.

I was worried that the long coach journey back might affect us but have just heard that the EFL business plan dictates that we travel back by boat, so that’s that worry out of the way. 

🐏

Breaking news……reports suggest that Derby County have taken the Boat Train and have already started on the Whiskey 🥃. Another 21 pint 🍻 deduction incoming!

Peace & Love.

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree but Dave - you’re going soft on the ref I think!! He was good on the whole but he lost the plot at the end, some poor decisions didn’t do anything when Wildsmith got kicked.

It was right in front of me... He didn't get kicked, he was using the 'dark arts' 

I quote the ref to him as I could hear him-get up or youre getting booked. Your fine

23 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Of course we won tonight because Exeter had a weakened side. My bad.

Or long ball when pressured into it by the opposition, and only away from home. 

Just commenting on patterns that have occurred throughout the season. 

We played plenty of poor long balls forward in home games we were losing.

I didn't say we won because they had a weakened side, but they did have a weakened side as was commented on before the game.

Edited by Kokosnuss

9 minutes ago, AndyB said:

8 points from 4 games is indeed a good return, and it could have been 12. Now we need to beat Burton Albion which I think we’ve only done once in 5 league games.

As awful as we think we are, Derby were the only team out of Sheff wed, Ipswich, Barnsley, Bolton, Peterborough, Wycombe and Portsmouth, who had more shots on target than the opposition tonight.

Also, if 2 refs had done their jobs properly on Saturday, we would be 5 points clear of Bolton now.

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

It was ridiculous, I don’t want us to start doing that. 

Did you see the bit after? There was a gust of wind near the bank and he feigned it pushing him over as well to the big bank-was quite funny

Hope he cuts it out but they did do the dark arts and game management well tonight. Not sure I liked Knight swearing at the ball boy though in the first half, that seemed bang out of order, he couldn't be over 15 at most