Poll: what do you think of it so far? (Warne's tenure)

IslandExile

Poll: what do you think of it so far? (Warne's tenure)  

351 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, David said:

As I say, our pass accuracy is up there 7th in the league.

Ipswich 78.1%
Charlton 77.7%
MK Dons 76.3%
Peterborough 75%
Sheffield Wednesday 74.7%
Portsmouth 74.1%
Derby 72.5%

IMG_1287.jpeg

And yet...

But still that's not the point for me as I said.

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This was the main worry @David though. 

I'm sure stats will make me feel better about it though.

The stats are there to simply provide a counter argument to the long ball stuff you mentioned, as it’s simply not true. 

You can brush over it now I have pulled you up on it and point to the rest of your post if you like, however I have no response to it, that’s all your opinion, which you are more than entitled to have.

Would be no surprise that I disagree with you, yet I don’t see the point in getting tangled up in that as I have no interest in changing your opinions here, I would have more chance of winning the lottery at the weekend! 

We’re just not a long ball team though, let’s not peddle that nonsense.

1 minute ago, David said:

We’re just not a long ball team though, let’s not peddle that nonsense.

Didn't say we were JUST a long ball team. 

"I'm bored with the long ball slung forward to no-one in particular or the wingers attempting to cross to the same no-one in particular."

Is what I said. Not that I'm bothered in correcting you, as I said that isn't my biggest worry.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't say we were JUST a long ball team. 

"I'm bored with the long ball slung forward to no-one in particular or the wingers attempting to cross to the same no-one in particular."

Is what I said. Not that I'm bothered in correcting you, as I said that isn't my biggest worry.

Again I hear you, no need to keep repeating what your main worry is, I have no reply to that. 

I just find it bizarre how you can be bored of with the long ball slung to no-one in particular, I can only assume your tolerance level to any kind of long ball is that low, when one goes astray the cat gets kicked on the way to the forum to label Warne a long ball merchant 😂.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

An interesting thought occurs from this. Other fans thought Clowes had treated Rosenior harshly, so why wouldn't Clowes be prepared to do the same with Warne if it wasn't working?

I've quoted this passage from an article in The Guardian:-

Rosenior was placed in interim charge after Rooney’s exit before the takeover but David Clowes, the local businessman and owner who rescued the club amid the threat of liquidation, always intended to consider all managerial options.

Believe that answers your question.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rosenior was placed in interim charge after Rooney’s exit before the takeover but David Clowes, the local businessman and owner who rescued the club amid the threat of liquidation, always intended to consider all managerial options.

No. (And I knew this) It just says that he was placed in interim charge - some might say he deserved to be given a chance at the managers job.

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Not against him, just worry we’ll have a summer window with hands tied. 

We had our hands tied last summer and did well enough, A team that is sitting in 7th place with a fare chance of making the play offs, I'll wager players have been identified, Maybe some already spoken too 🤷‍♀️, IMO we'll be in a far better place this summer than we were last summer...get ready for the big influx of players...Steve Cooper you aint seen nowt yet😁

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. (And I knew this) It just says that he was placed in interim charge - some might say he deserved to be given a chance at the managers job.

Yer but the Guardian article says Clowes always intended to consider all managerial options which he obviously then did.

Not sure what's particularly harsh as you put it about that. 

2 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

We had our hands tied last summer and did well enough, A team that is sitting in 7th place with a fare chance of making the play offs, I'll wager players have been identified, Maybe some already spoken too 🤷‍♀️, IMO we'll be in a far better place this summer than we were last summer...get ready for the big influx of players...Steve Cooper you aint seen nowt yet😁

Hope you’re right!

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yer but the Guardian article says Clowes always intended to consider all managerial options which he obviously then did.

Not sure what's particularly harsh as you put it about that. 

I've no idea. I didn't want Rosenior. But others who did want him to be given the managerial role seem to think that.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They may well have done, But the man who pays the piper gets to call the tune image.png.96b9bea348037f1af4077a2c15e23786.png

So far imo the tune aint that bad for league 1...footballs not pretty...but we're not in the top 4/5 of the EPL 

8 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I don't know.  Supposedly we had someone lined up for weeks in January, Flint was due in and someone else who agreed to come decided they didn't want to drop a league last minute.  I'm not feeling he's that big a convincer.

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's a goner, this poll is just the start.

We'll slip away from this point onwards, and the atmosphere at Pride Park will turn toxic by seasons end, leaving his position untenable. 

Luckily, Nigel is out of contract come the summer, and will return to lead us back into the Championship within the next 10 years.

42 minutes ago, Rev said:

He's a goner, this poll is just the start.

We'll slip away from this point onwards, and the atmosphere at Pride Park will turn toxic by seasons end, leaving his position untenable. 

Luckily, Nigel is out of contract come the summer, and will return to lead us back into the Championship within the next 10 years.

Still faster than Warne would tbf

On 04/04/2023 at 23:02, On the Ram Page said:

David Clowes, the man who saved Derby from extinction, wants to rebuild this Club, its reputation and integrity. Over the last few years we have been a pretty dirty corrupt commodity. Thankfully we have someone in charge who wishes to change that. He has brought in Paul Warne to assist him in this project (not an overnight flash). Mr Clowes is a very successful business man, who has obviously made good business decisions to achieve this success. No, he is not experienced in running a football club but he probably knows as much about this Club and its history over the last 2 or 3 decades as anyone. I, for one, trust his judgement.

Paul Warne is as honest as the day is long (possibly too honest for some of the feint hearted on this forum). He knows how to get out of this Division too - 3 times! For goodness sake give him time to build the squad he needs to play the type of football he would like to play. That’s likely to be energetic, full of running, high pressing, passionate football. I think that sums up Liverpool’s style.  They are not a bad example to follow. No, I not saying we are any where near as good as Liverpool - just I would not mind copying their style.

The  squad we have has some very good players in it and many,as has been mentioned, would walk into other teams. What we haven’t got as a team is balance, aggression, height and pace - to match the better teams in Division One.

There’s still a chance we could get promotion but unless the EFL loosens its shackles during the close season we will struggle next year in the Championship. I would rather take a slower, more sustained route. I am getting a bit old in the tooth and believe you have to have work and earn success - it seems some people wants instant success as a right.

No one knows, not even Paul Warne, how successful he can be at a higher level, given a reasonable budget. I sure he believes in his ability to succeed and I am sure David Clowes believes so too.

David Clowes has stated he has a 5 year plan to make Derby a competitive Championship side. I am sure he is itching to achieve this sooner but will be patient. I want my club to be successful, have integrity, good reputation and be well run. This takes time after the dreadful last few years.

Please be patient and allow this to evolve at the right pace.

I agree with a lot of your points 

my worry is that did or does David Clowes have a long term vision for this club and I’m forever grateful for his intervention in saving our football club 

That doesn’t mean we as fans can’t have an opinion on his decisions though 

my fear is the long term ….if PW ( who I really like as a person ) signs 10 new players who might get us out of league 1 will these players be good enough for the championship?

if we are looking long term with some great foundations then PW as much as I like him is not the right fit for this club in my opinion 

Getting a manager in who likes to play decent football and build a good side using the academy as a mirror image of how or what direction we want to go in is important for a sustainable future especially with not much hope of making any signings unless they are freebies 

LR recruited very well under the circumstances so surely if LR was not seen as the manager to take us further we could’ve gone for a manager who not only can get us out of league1 but also can build a side that could merge seamlessly into the championship and add a bit of quality maybe then and build it from there 

I don’t think the Rotherham model for example is good enough to be a championship top 6 side whereas our long term plan should be to go up and then challenge again …..why not? Plenty of sides that go up from L1 challenge the top 6 in a higher division 

I don’t see the side that PW eventually gets up being tactically or technically good enough to challenge so therefore you have to question the appointment of  PW to an extent as I don’t think he was ever the right choice if you’re looking long term and that is not Paul Warnes fault 

I do though totally respect Mr Clowes and know without him we’d not have a club at all 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does that relate to our current poor form?

How can you say we play long ball only? Do you actually watch the game ? 
we do though resort to aimless crosses and long ball when we are desperate but not before we get desperate….you need some new glasses🤓 I think 

8 hours ago, David said:

As I say, our pass accuracy is up there 7th in the league.

Ipswich 78.1%
Charlton 77.7%
MK Dons 76.3%
Peterborough 75%
Sheffield Wednesday 74.7%
Portsmouth 74.1%
Derby 72.5%

IMG_1287.jpeg

I’d take those stats with a pinch of salt. Under Warne we have played more bottom sides than top sides, and against the bottom sides we were always going to dominate the ball. We battered FGR, Morecombe and Accrington because we have vastly superior players.

Where we have really struggled is against the better sides. We were better and more controlling under Rosenior against the better sides (albeit at home) than we have been under Warne.

I think under Warne we are an attacking, progressive side until we play a good team. Then we become horrible to watch.

8 hours ago, The Last Post said:

You mean PW may be busy behind the scenes working for the club that we dont see which means he cant watch academy games live in person at this point 🙄😂

5 hours ago, S8TY said:

I agree with a lot of your points 

my worry is that did or does David Clowes have a long term vision for this club and I’m forever grateful for his intervention in saving our football club 

That doesn’t mean we as fans can’t have an opinion on his decisions though 

my fear is the long term ….if PW ( who I really like as a person ) signs 10 new players who might get us out of league 1 will these players be good enough for the championship?

if we are looking long term with some great foundations then PW as much as I like him is not the right fit for this club in my opinion 

Getting a manager in who likes to play decent football and build a good side using the academy as a mirror image of how or what direction we want to go in is important for a sustainable future especially with not much hope of making any signings unless they are freebies 

LR recruited very well under the circumstances so surely if LR was not seen as the manager to take us further we could’ve gone for a manager who not only can get us out of league1 but also can build a side that could merge seamlessly into the championship and add a bit of quality maybe then and build it from there 

I don’t think the Rotherham model for example is good enough to be a championship top 6 side whereas our long term plan should be to go up and then challenge again …..why not? Plenty of sides that go up from L1 challenge the top 6 in a higher division 

I don’t see the side that PW eventually gets up being tactically or technically good enough to challenge so therefore you have to question the appointment of  PW to an extent as I don’t think he was ever the right choice if you’re looking long term and that is not Paul Warnes fault 

I do though totally respect Mr Clowes and know without him we’d not have a club at all 

Many seem to admit liking PW as a person so perhaps as well as his experience in L1 promotions, after the last few toxic years, DC also thought the personalities of him and his team would bring back a much needed positive vibe around the whole club? Not saying LR wasnt positive but perhaps Rooney was right when he left saying we needed a new start or similar? We just dont know as ever with these things. 

Edited by CBRammette