Referees

Seaside Ram

1 hour ago, cj9a408 said:

If we played better football we wouldn't need the referees decisions to get a result?

Just saying....

How many games have you seen where the team playing the better football have lost?

We all want to see great entertaining football,  but at the end of the day, it's all about getting the ball in the net and stopping the other team from doing the same.

We Scored the first goal and should have had a penalty before that even though Bolton were playing better than us, and without the refs dodgy decisions we could well have gone on to get 3 points.

On 01/04/2023 at 16:57, Seaside Ram said:

Surely we have heard the last from the head in the sand brigade now. It's so clear. Derby do not get games refereed impartially. I can't be bothered to debate it anymore. Today is the final straw for me . 

F### the EFL . 

Still a hangover from the EFL sanctions IMO. 
Referees are biased against us .

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Cheltenham h 1-0 offside (M-L)

Very tight, we won 2-0 anyway so no impact on result.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Accrington a Curtis red

No.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Accrington a pen save Wildsmith off line

He was on his line comfortably for both, I was behind the goal and it was obvious. Plus the first penalty was a clear dive.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Ipswich a pen save Wildsmith off line

Yes I agree - no impact on result as we lost 1-0.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Accrington h 1-0 offside (Dobbin)

Tight, would've made no impact on result as we won 5-0. 

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Accrington h pen (Woods)

It's a penalty, but again, we won 5-0, so no impact on result.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Lincoln h 1-1 offside (Hourihane)

Yes, I agree. Lincoln's goal was about 3 yards offside. Also, Didzy scored which was ruled out as offside when he was onside.

17 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

As much as the decisions have been awful, fans have to take some of the blame. From school teams up, ref's are threatened and abused for trying to do their jobs. I've seen grown men threaten to stab a teenage ref because they didn't like the decisions. We're basically picking from the few who've managed to be thick skinned (or plain ignorant) enough to survive grass roots, and it's a pretty piss-poor pool.

That said i'd have sent Wildsmith off (i'd have been wrong, but that was my snap judgement) and I dare say if it'd happened against us, most of PP would have been baying for a red.

Pretty much my tale on it as well. When I were a lad..... refs started in local football. Good performances saw you promoted  up the Leagues so you knew they were, in old money, reffing in the top 4 divisions because they were the cream of the crop. These days they get abuse, both verbal and physical from U6s upwards. Many potentially good refs never get far up the ladder because they put their personal safety first. That means that, higher up, the refs got there, not because they were the cream of the crop but because they were the best of what's left after the good uns have quit. IMO that is the reason SBC, L1 and L2 refs aren't very good at best and totally incompetent at worst.

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The only way you'd get better refs is by appointing ex-professional footballers.

The same ex pros who, as "pundits" and "co-commentators" explain away all the "5hithousery" we all dislike as being "part of the game". Timewasting is against the Laws of the game. Feigning injury too. Preventing the quick taking of a throw or free kick by picking the ball up and wandering off with it or standing 5cm from the ball so it can't be kicked when the Laws state they should retire 10 yards IMMEDIATELY. The all in wrestling in the box as well. All this crap is against the Laws of the game. Ex pros still think it's part of it. It all started in South America and Southern Europe and it crept into the game worldwide for one reason only. Refs let them get away with it. Give free kicks, penalties, cards. Everything the Laws give them the power to do. It'll stop, but only if refs are consistent.

Of course, all of this is in the revised instructions given to refs this season. Some are complying, some aren't, others do it inconsistently. Almost all of those new instructions are not new Laws. They have all been in the book for decades. Refs just haven't applied them. They need to start doing so. 

Very tight

Miles offside judging by the lines on the turf.

we won 2-0 anyway so no impact on result.

I did not argue the impact but the "hardly any big wrong calls our way" BS (also you can't be sure the game would have played out the same way had we not taken the lead).

No.

Once foul is given 1 on 1 with the keeper & not playing the ball is clearest red imaginable, what do you mean by "no"?

He was on his line comfortably for both, I was behind the goal and it was obvious.

Ok then I won't trust the freeze frame I'll trust you watching it real-time.

Plus the first penalty was a clear dive.

I disagree it was clear-cut (neither was the second) but my list was for mistakes in our favour, not against.

Yes I agree - no impact on result as we lost 1-0.

The OP did not say refs have cost us (don't know if they have), they said refs have been anti-Derby (they have not).

Tight

Seems half a yard off from that angle.

would've made no impact on result as we won 5-0. 

See above.

Yes, I agree. Lincoln's goal was about 3 yards offside

Agreed but this doesn't mean there haven't been several big calls in our favour, or more than those against.

Also, Didzy scored which was ruled out as offside when he was onside.

Tight but looks like his leg was sticking out (cam behind the goal).

8 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

Assumed and guessed not a lot of difference in definition is there?

He either seen it or he didnt. 

You cant say its anything other then poor officiating when the ref didnt blow straight away so he wasnt sure and the linesman didnt flag so he clearly wasnt sure either.

Cant be guessing/assuming that somethings happened but unfortunately the officials did.

Assumptions are made by people (and referees all the time) - I watched it in real time and also assumed that he handled the ball. I think most people were in the same boat. Watching the replay, and where the ref was situated, it’s a criminal call so I’m not defending him based on the new evidence. I was just saying from my point of view that I also saw it as a handball and could understand why it was given.

10 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I saw a stat from Prem League analysis that said, for a given season, a team that received a red card lost on ~59% of occasions (irrespective of the score at the time of the red).

For me, refs need to have some sort of traffic light system for decisions......greenish ones for 50/50's in the centre circle where consequences are fairly inconsequential.......orangish ones for things like pens and free kicks on edge of box.........and reddish ones for red cards where the consequences are more significant in the match and possibly over the season.

They have to be CERTAIN on the reds.

My reading of the incident on Saturday was that neither the ref or the lino was sure and the added 2 x half sures together to make 1.......whereas the appropriate way of doing it is either taking an average (average of 2 half sures = half sure) or multiplying them together (= quarter sure).

......or bring in a sin bin for 'probably a red'

By my reckoning 2 x half sures = a quarter sure you’d have to add two half sures for a full sure, surely that’s the way it should be done I’m sure.

10 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

By my reckoning 2 x half sures = a quarter sure you’d have to add two half sures for a full sure, surely that’s the way it should be done I’m sure.

2 x half sures is a full sure, ( it’s the same as two lots of a half sure. If I got paid two lots of a half pound and got given 25 p I’d be pissed of)

half of a half sure is a quarter sure

8 hours ago, Curtains said:

Some referees are ok with us like in the Fleetwood game but that’s not the norm.  

When we played Fleetwood , they had us on the ropes for the last 15 mins. Loads of subs and Cashin wasted 5 mins taking throw ins . Injury time came up at 4 mins which let us off the hook. Nobody questioned that. Barkhuezen got a lad sent off last season who was nowhere near him as he threw himself. It all evens itself up at the end of the season🤞