Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Roughly £60m over budget afyer all exclusions are accounted for (rough estiamte without looking st any accounts). At least £26m of that due to 'budgeting' for a top 6 finish, and a further £10-15m due to sacking Rogers and his team. I can't see how they can explain the rest of the overspend.

Oxfords new stadium cost is currently running at 150 million -for a 16k  seater stadium. Borrowing money and have already paid 5 million for planning with not enough info for the council to pass it.  I assume it has marble crappers and gold taps.  Boom but most likely bust incoming.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Oxfords new stadium cost is currently running at 150 million -for a 16k  seater stadium. Borrowing money and have already paid 5 million for planning with not enough info for the council to pass it.  I assume it has marble crappers and gold taps.  Boom but most likely bust incoming.

Should have got Morecambe's architect in 👍 

37 minutes ago, JfR said:

The "luxury tax" concept (borrowed from American sports I guess?) surely only works in a salary cap league?

Okay, the current regs aren't great but a system where those rich enough just buy off any problems seems idiotic. I expect it to rubber stamped immediately.....

Think it’s becoming more obvious that a super league or rules to benefit the top 6 will be ramped up in the next few years. 

PL don’t dare go against the big clubs because they want to be ‘the best with the best players’. 

EFL is that in the mud compared to PL that no PL clubs will want to help out the pyramid and instead will cross their toes and hope they never go down again. Or if they do parachute payments will allow them to go back up.

Sad times for the English game.

2 hours ago, JfR said:

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The "luxury tax" concept (borrowed from American sports I guess?) surely only works in a salary cap league?

Okay, the current regs aren't great but a system where those rich enough just buy off any problems seems idiotic. I expect it to rubber stamped immediately.....

"Luxury tax" similar to the financial penalty QPR had when they beat us in the Playoffs.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"Luxury tax" similar to the financial penalty QPR had when they beat us in the Playoffs.

Which the EFL agreed to halve to £20m if the billionaire owners agreed to inject £10m of equity and, when it was down to £10m after 5 years of payments, the QPR board tried to get written off by the EFL but failed.

No club will ever be systematically hounded into near extinction by the EFL and "the football family" the way we were, ever again.

Edited by Crewton

3 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Unfortunately aren't these figures pre-takeover, so next season they will look a lot better.

Shame as I detest Brum after how they have acted.

I'm being a bit dim. Will their income and costs (and therefore net losses) change much just because they have new owners? 

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm being a bit dim. Will their income and costs (and therefore net losses) change much just because they have new owners? 

I'm going off what my Brum supporting mates have said, but they will lose a few high earners in the summer, people like Hogan, plus they have the money from naming rights coming in , but their main source of optimism is that they will be being run in  a better way than the previous lot (How that tallies with getting Wayne in and then sacking him after a few months I don't know)

18 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

I'm going off what my Brum supporting mates have said, but they will lose a few high earners in the summer, people like Hogan, plus they have the money from naming rights coming in , but their main source of optimism is that they will be being run in  a better way than the previous lot (How that tallies with getting Wayne in and then sacking him after a few months I don't know)

But don't forget they are on their 3rd management team this season.

24 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

You admit to having Brum supporters as mates. 😮