Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

EFL thought LCFC had broken rules, LCFC said "LOL these rules don't apply" Club Financial Reporting  Panel side with LCFC.

Wonder if the EFL will appeal this like they did with us?

So, EFL said Leicester are forecasted to fail P&S for the period ending 2024.

Leicester said no. The panel they were referred to agreed with Leicester.

From reading the judgement, it appears to me that it came down to a mix up between the rules saying 'T' = season 22/23, and Leicester thinking it's 23/34 (mostly due to the next bit...)

There was a part where Championship clubs submit financial data on 31st March (to the EFL), but Leicester wouldn't have been obligated to do this until 31st of March THIS year, so the rule the EFL are trying to act upon isn't valid yet.

Expect the rules to be updated again soon.

So Leicester are still cheating, still trying to wriggle off the hook and hoping that promotion to the premier league will help them escape justice. 

I hate saying this, but I'd happily see Leeds promoted if it meant Leicester getting stuck in the Championship with a major financial problem on their greasy hands.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

So Leicester are still cheating, still trying to wriggle off the hook and hoping that promotion to the premier league will help them escape justice. 

I hate saying this, but I'd happily see Leeds promoted if it meant Leicester getting stuck in the Championship with a major financial problem on their greasy hands.

and the EFL still are completely incompetent......

How the EFL have been able to sweep their inadequacies under the carpet since our debacle is unbelievable.

No doubt another team will find another loophole and exploit it accordingly. The rules need looking at in great detail and tightening up as much as possible. The EFL, PL and FA need to sit down and work together, madness that they're all governing in different ways when we're all on one island. 

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Leicester staying in the Champ I’m right behind that but let’s not be hasty concerning Leeds , I’d happily see them stuck in the pubs league

44 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Leicester staying in the Champ I’m right behind that but let’s not be hasty concerning Leeds , I’d happily see them stuck in the pubs league

"Happily" is probably the wrong word - if it was a choice of either only to stay down, I'd opt for Leicester because I think they've got some genuine FFP karma coming to them if the're in the EFL next season

7 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

How the EFL have been able to sweep their inadequacies under the carpet since our debacle is unbelievable.

No doubt another team will find another loophole and exploit it accordingly. The rules need looking at in great detail and tightening up as much as possible. The EFL, PL and FA need to sit down and work together, madness that they're all governing in different ways when we're all on one island. 

That’s sounds dangerously like a regulator you’re describing. 

Leicester fart in everyone's faces again whilst getting away with it .  That plucky fairytale club that won the league by spending millions after paying nobody.

https://talksport.com/football/1777510/efl-close-rules-loophole-leicester/

Clubs in the Premier League and Championship believe Leicester have broken the top division's £105million loss limit for the three years ending last season.

However, the Foxes could still seal their promotion back to the top flight before they are punished for any potential breaches.

Rival clubs could therefore seek legal action if spending rules are breached this season but a points deduction is avoided due to promotion being secured.

Fourth-placed Southampton are among the clubs closely monitoring the situation to see if they gain an unfair sporting advantage.

We should have done this with QPR

The problem is, it appears that... on a technicality, due to the EFL wording... they haven't broken a rule. Not this season/not yet anyway.
Anyone "monitoring the situation" at this point will therefore need to be considering potential action not against the club (that haven't broken any rules on a technicality), but The EFL for not wording their rules correctly... rules that member clubs presumably ran a casting eye over and voted to accept (A separate 🤷‍♂️ for that bit!)

And my understanding is that EFL member clubs cannot sue the EFL... or if they do, they'll be asked to kindly relinquish their membership (i.e. they can jolly well hand over their golden ticket, and feckorf out of the league)!

Am I misunderstanding the sitch?  🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The problem is, it appears that... on a technicality, due to the EFL wording... they haven't broken a rule. Not this season/not yet anyway.
Anyone "monitoring the situation" at this point will therefore need to be considering potential action not against the club (that haven't broken any rules on a technicality), but The EFL for not wording their rules correctly... rules that member clubs presumably ran a casting eye over and voted to accept (A separate 🤷‍♂️ for that bit!)

And my understanding is that EFL member clubs cannot sue the EFL... or if they do, they'll be asked to kindly relinquish their membership (i.e. they can jolly well hand over their golden ticket, and feckorf out of the league)!

Am I misunderstanding the sitch?  🤷‍♂️

Wasn't that our argument though re. Amortisation? Didn't help us.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Wasn't that our argument though re. Amortisation? Didn't help us.

Oh.  Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from.

Wasn't we guilty of breaking a rule that didn't actually exist, so they wrote it in... and then kicked our arse retrospectively?  There was also something about the way we reported our deeds (as opposed to the deed itself), which seemed to suggest there was room for "interpretation"?  (Which is never a good thing imo, when it comes to setting rules!)  🤷‍♂️

This rule appears to be there, but so poorly written, it falls in favour of the club (in this instance) and makes fools (yet again) of The EFL?

Looks like a bit of EFL jiggery-pokery incoming, backdate their vindictiveness to suit, and Fester will get theirs some time soon.
I'll be mightily miffed if they escape punishment AGAIN!  

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wasn't we guilty of breaking a rule that didn't actually exist, so they wrote it in... and then kicked our arse retrospectively?  There was also something about the way we reported our deeds (as opposed to the deed itself), which seemed to suggest there was room for "interpretation"?  (Which is never a good thing imo, when it comes to setting rules!)  🤷‍♂️

This rule appears to be there, but so poorly written, it falls in favour of the club (in this instance) and makes fools (yet again) of The EFL?

Looks like a bit of EFL jiggery-pokery incoming, backdate their vindictiveness to suit, and Fester will get theirs some time soon.

Not quite. The rule didn't exist, they still charged us, we were eventually punihsed for it, then they re-wrote the rules to stop others doing it.

14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

The big problem for us was that we were put into administration by MM, which made us vulnerable to blackmail by the likes of the Efl and Gibson, they were able to take their actions by threatening the very existence of the club by holding up the sale.

To be fair regarding the amortisation charge, it would have eventually caught up with us in later years anyway, unless they coincided with the relaxations because of covid.

9 hours ago, ram59 said:

The big problem for us was that we were put into administration by MM, which made us vulnerable to blackmail by the likes of the Efl and Gibson, they were able to take their actions by threatening the very existence of the club by holding up the sale.

To be fair regarding the amortisation charge, it would have eventually caught up with us in later years anyway, unless they coincided with the relaxations because of covid.

It's obvious that we would have got to the point where amortisation was a problem, however the actual amount would not have been the same. We weren't given the chance to sell off players. Obviously it would have had to have been players who had come through the academy in order to be a positive on the accounts. The team would probably have looked something like the one that Rooney was putting out. Old men getting one last chance at a big club and kids of 16-18 starting out in the game. Mel Morris, or more likely Stephen Pearce, surely had a plan to at least reduce any points deductions that were coming if we failed to get promoted. Unfortunately we hit the perfect storm before we were able to reach at least a small inlet that provided some form of protection.

A massive problem that needs addressing by the EFL is these clubs (I'm talking about you Middlesborough and Stoke and Bristol City and presumably many others) that seem to be able to just write off loans from the owners! How's that financial fair play!?

2 minutes ago, Steveb52a said:

A massive problem that needs addressing by the EFL is these clubs (I'm talking about you Middlesborough and Stoke and Bristol City and presumably many others) that seem to be able to just write off loans from the owners! How's that financial fair play!?

Don't think this affects the limits on how much they are allowed to put in.