Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Can you imagine how many tennis balls you need to get a match abandoned?

Now I think about it, I want to see it happen

Cricket balls would make it interesting.....

On 13/01/2024 at 22:24, Kernow said:

Posted in a different thread, but it'll be interesting to see the punishment for Reading after the abandonment today. We're their next home game, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen in our game. Fully behind them sticking two fingers up to the EFL, but it may not end up in the best of trips for any of those making the Tuesday night trip down to Reading...

In the end though, we joined the protest by bringing our own load of old balls on the pitch.....

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yet another 2 points docked for Reading.

All this messing about taking points off here and there , just relegate them to the southern league or whatever it’s called nowadays, they obviously are not learning their lesson, basket case of a club

The thing is, we know it's readings owner who is responsible, but it is the club that is part of the EFL and the entity the EFL must deal with. But apart from the owner doing something criminal (in a legal sense) which would put the matter to the police, there's not really a mechanism to punish the owner not the club.

Interesting, and reasonable, observations on Financial Fair Play and Premier League profit and sustainability rules of the wealthy co-owner of Crystal Palace:

Let me say something else about [chairman] Steve Parish. Do you know how hard it is to do his job?

Look at Nottingham Forest. This is a club with an owner that has an incredible amount of capital. And he comes in the Premier League and he's told you can't spend it. If you spend it and it falls into a category of losses then we are going to sanction you and we may send you back to the league you came from.

It's not about financial sustainability, it's not about financial fair play, nobody is protecting the little guy. This is [expletive]. This is people making sure that you can only spend a percentage of your revenue.

Steve has to run his club with a top line of revenues which is driven by television. If we want to put in a bunch of money to buy more players we're not allowed to.

So you have to watch your losses and you have to find a way to live between the eighth spot and 17th spot or you go back to the second division [the Championship].

If anybody thinks that I have a problem with the way that Steve is running the club, and [how he] has stayed up for 12 years, just because we have difference of opinion on things... try being Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis right now.

He is of course right. He just picked a bad example of the issue as no one cares about Forest 😂

On 27/02/2024 at 16:49, Animal is a Ram said:

Check the first letter of the lines of paragraphs 4, 5 and 6. 

There's no way that's an accident and not some excellent sneaky swearing.

It's a pity they weren't saying that when we were.