Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

25 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

They believe the money men behind it are RedBird Capital Partners who own AC Milan.

Storey bloke just a minority shareholder / mouthpiece and therefore not subject to EFL checks.

I'd seriously question anyone who thinks William Storey is the man to front their business. It's just not a good idea, he's had more dissolved companies on Companies House than I've had hot dinners.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Who's willing to bet that notable loudmouth William Storey has been leaking to the press to try and make himself appear more credible, but has actually just made everyone involved look daft?

"Reading Football Club would like to clarify that the process of the sale of the club is ongoing and, contrary to reports, there is currently no agreement in place with any party."

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/october/12/club-statement-update-on-ownership/ (edited)

He was on Talksport a few moments ago, the guy talks so much but says nothing.

He clearly likes the sound of his own voice.

He contradicted himself regards EFL contact and the rules and regulations surrounding the purchase of Reading.

Now I see that Reading are denying his unsubstantiated claims, hope for their sake they kick this charlatan to the curb quicker than we did with the fake Sheikh, Alonso and Kirchner.

If anyone was serious about this deal, William Storey is not the front man you'd hire. The two possible interpretations are a) the money/people behind him are even more shady than him or b) he's making it up to get himself in the papers again to promote his magical invisible energy drink.

(it's not like you stop at the petrol station and go "wow, i wish someone would make a high caffine fizzy drink but here I am choosing between red bull, monster, relentless, carabau.....there's a huge gap in the market for somethink like rich energy drink...."

• 2 weeks later...

Was saying to my Wednesday supporting mate at the weekend, that there are going through a lot of parallels with what we went through, once Morris had run out of road.  

Anyway, got to send him this today. They are currently in ‘form a protest group which confuses most of the fan base’ stage

Soon to be followed by a secondary protest group because some fans don’t agree with the aims of the first protest group. Then the first group vote out the spokesperson for their group because they disagree with something they’ve said, which then sparks a third group to appear who are once again unclear in their aims.

Edited by TuffLuff

9 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

....Soon to be followed by a secondary protest group because some fans don’t agree with the aims of the first protest group. Then the first group vote out the spokesperson for their group because they disagree with something they’ve said, which then sparks a third group to appear who are once again unclear in their aims.

They sound a bit like the People's Front of Judea - or is that the Judean People's Front?......

49 minutes ago, angieram said:

Screenshot_20231031_095319_WhatsApp.jpg

I’ll say this here as don’t think it’ll go over well on the main parts of the forum at the minute (and tbh I can’t be bothered with ‘debates’ atm. But there’s something to be said about the club being patient and seeing what the lay of the land will be in the next few seasons. That’s not to say ‘don’t get in the champ’ but I do think we are at the very start of a huge rebuild and our fans do need to realise where we are and it’s going to take time.