vs Oxford (a) 11th March 3pm KO

Derbados

16 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Great guy and a great servant for the Club… but totally  amazing how a defender who is old (35) can suddenly age 5 years in half a season. Davies just can’t hack it now. He really makes things worse at the back and doesn’t ‘shore’ things up a bit..

Don’t agree. If you can protect your box against aerial attack in this league - he does - you cut your goals-against in half, esp if you have a keeper like W’smith. Curtis doesn’t have to be so mobile if we use him right. Curtis, Fozzy and Cash at FB (Cash with licence to roam) gives us the solidity we need at the back

Really pleased with this result, more goals scored than I thought and a good game to watch. I still remain uncertain as to whether or not we will make the play offs. 70 / 30 ? Still a bit of doubt there. If we do make the play offs then I think we will struggle to gain promotion given our present form but these things are always hard to call. An interesting and possibly stressful time ahead for us fans. I want to get out of this league as much as any Derby fan but it's a mixture of stoicism, realism and optimism (but not pessimism). As long as the team still give everything they've got every game I'll have no complaints. COYR?

6 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Considering the pattern of good first half and then fading as the second half goes on it would be good to see PW start making subs around the 50/60 minute mark 

the lads are doing their best but need some help 

Our subs generally don’t improve us apart from port vale away 

Derby played some good football at times but still keep giving the ball away and nearly threw it away. Selby scored a brilliant goal and collins and cashin. I thought lang put a shift in but the ref pretty poor for both sides at least he called down the middle and wildsmith took a bit of battering.

maybe lads need a spar day to relax or go watch a film maybe do everyone a world of good and warn can still get a coffee.

The footballing gods smiled on us today. Overall a stuttering performance. But plenty for Warne to look at and learn from not least Sibleys instincts in front of goal (2 very different perfectly executed finishes).  The strength the Curtis/Fozzie combo gives could be useful against teams posing aerial threat especially combined with Bird sitting deep. Despite Curtis’ lack of condition  

Another 2 (or 3) points  Wildsmith has earned for us but if we concede many more goals he might get long term concussion

NML needs a rest. Instead he played too long today. Barks starts for me. 

The conspiracy theorists might have a point when it comes to Knight and McGoldrick. I think Warne may have some personnel issues to address - if so I hope he manages them well. He seems to have a habit of stirring the pot a bit then restoring calm. He needs to remember he’s got some bigger egos around than he had at Rovrum, also that Knight is very marketable  

Barnsley’s challenge for the autos is on. Bolton on the slide tho, and Wycombe thank goodness lost some ground. It might all have been very different today ? 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

The conspiracy theorists might have a point when it comes to Knight and McGoldrick. I think Warne may have some personnel issues to address - if so I hope he manages them well. He seems to have a habit of stirring the pot a bit then restoring calm. He needs to remember he’s got some bigger egos around than he had at Rovrum, also that Knight is very marketable  

Steady on talking this into existence ?

Struggling to believe his post match update on the pair are all lies. 

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Share a tear for me who had Sibley as first Derby scorer and a 3-1 win for my £5 ?

That was close . Odds on that score cast must have been 33-1. I waded in at 6-1 on Sibley to score anytime . That was easy money. Would have been better if he had got the first  at 14-1.

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The footballing gods smiled on us today. Overall a stuttering performance. But plenty for Warne to look at and learn from not least Sibleys instincts in front of goal (2 very different perfectly executed finishes).  The strength the Curtis/Fozzie combo gives could be useful against teams posing aerial threat especially combined with Bird sitting deep. Despite Curtis’ lack of condition  

Another 2 (or 3) points  Wildsmith has earned for us but if we concede many more goals he might get long term concussion

NML needs a rest. Instead he played too long today. Barks starts for me. 

Barnsley’s challenge for the autos is on. Bolton on the slide tho, and Wycombe thank goodness lost some ground. It might all have been very different today ? 

If there's any chance of getting a Warne dig in - take it! Some numpty suggests something totally without foundation and suddenly it might relate to 'personnel issues'.

Pathetic!!!

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Same person who’s only contributions to this thread have been to single out and slate another of our players?  Nothing positive to contribute at all 

But where is the line between positive and negative criticism when the same thing is said !??‍♂️?