V Shrewsbury Town (H) 4th March 15.00

Boycie

23 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Warne getting it wrong week in week out at the minute, 1 tatic things need to improve and quick! 

Lost 2 in 20 league games is it? Don’t think he is doing too bad. Shrewsbury have won 8 and drawn 1 of their last 11 games and are no mugs. Let’s not overreact and move on to Plymouth ?

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I enjoyed the game ! 
disappointed with the result 

a few observations - Rooney did well as did smith until the harsh penalty from where I was - mendiz Lang does very little from the bench this season (start him) Dobbin is that enigma of a player - poor goal conceded from the free kick both the wall and possibly the keeper - two nice goals by us - it’s a point move on 

Yes, it was hugely frustrating that we had the game won at half time but let them back into it with some sloppy defending 

BUT

Sometimes you have to credit the opposition. A bit like Plymouth earlier in the season they came out with a more aggressive attitude and put us under pressure.

Fozzy and Cashin suddenly looked vulnerable.

We let the game deteriorate into hoofball and they were bigger and stronger.

We played some lovely stuff at times and scored two great goals.

In Dobbin we have one of the most skilful players in the league. Yes we is infuriating at times but he is exciting and we should help him.

Entertaining stuff.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

It's not fair that the EFL is happy to give demoted Premier League teams an unfair advantage with parachute payments, but they're so quick to punish us for a mistake our former owner made. It just feels immoral to punish Derby in this way.

To add to our troubles, some of our older players seem tired and worn out from playing too many physical games. It's a tough time to be a Rams fan, but I'm still holding out hope for brighter days ahead.

Are we expecting too much of the younger less experienced players we have.

Oh the unfairness of it all. Can't be a good bit of whatabouttery either at the same time.

We got caught cos our old owner was that incompetent and inept so vent your spleen at him properly. 

Anyway we've got what we got so whinging about it isn't going to change anything, we just need to suck it up and do what we're currently doing and get into the playoffs this season. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Didn’t though did it ?

I was thinking of the overall season ?

But if we end up not even making the play-offs, I'd be grateful to you if you could forget I posted this...

34 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

May be or did he have one eye on Tuesday night and changed things with that in mind. Also we have Bird out which has upset the balance and I don’t think he’s worked out how to fill the gap.

Todays game was more important than Tuesday. I agree that we are missing Bird. Good player, not that matchday threads in earlier months recognised how much he helped us keep a shape when the ball was flying back and forth.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Fabulous dinky cross by white dobbin should score. Put it too high so keeper could save 

Technically, you were correct... but if that wasn't a "world class save" (Whatever one of those are!) then I'll be... erm... well... flabbergasted, I guess!  

Dobbin did absolutely nothing wrong there, and that would go in nine times out of ten.  

*Based on 1 x live viewing in real time only, from my seat in the NE corner.  I reserve the right to alter my opinion, once I catch the highlights!

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not a disaster by any means.

Comforting to see the anti Warne brigade still out in force so todays result has given them the opportunity to regurgitate their tired narrative if they needed an excuse at all. 

Agree, just disappointment I think. On to the next one…

27 minutes ago, alram said:

and thats why

dont disrespect your opponent like we did today.

i take a point because no damage has been done, shrewsbury were our main challengers for our playoff place and no damage has been done today. to suggest its unambitious is pure arrogance

Sorry but that’s just wrong. Wycombe are our main challengers for a play off place not Shrewsbury. Are you feeling delighted then coming out of the ground because I’m not. Saying you would snatch your hand off for a point at home against a team lower than you is bizarre. That isn’t pure arrogance, it’s common sense. 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not a disaster by any means.

Comforting to see the anti Warne brigade still out in force so todays result has given them the opportunity to regurgitate their tired narrative if they needed an excuse at all. 

Still happy to be included in the AWB, Tyler.  Still can’t see that he is doing much better than a good number on here could do with this squad. He/we will still make the playoffs on the strength of the squad, but I do hope he and the players know the team and shape he wants to play come May.

56 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pathetic. Hang your heads in shame Derby. Hang your heads in shame.

If you call yourself a Rams fan, I would suggest it is you that needs to hang your head in shame.  That was a million miles from a shameful performance, and that is a preposterous statement for you to post!

BOOOOOOOO!

36 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I enjoyed the game ! 
disappointed with the result 

That was my final assessment, as I ambled home.
Both teams deserved to win a half each.  Being biased, I'm mentally telling myself we deserved to win on aggregate/was the better team overall, but really can't complain about a draw.  It was the fairest result all round, I reckon, albeit not the most satisfying.

58 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Still don’t think Warne has worked out what his best team is, what each players best position is, or what formation to play.  Our recent form is troubling, and the Manager is not convincing me he can walk his talk.

I do hope you’ll be willing to apologise to him for offering this opinion, when he gets us promoted

51 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Warne getting it wrong week in week out at the minute, 1 tatic things need to improve and quick! 

You can’t get wrong week in week out “in a minute”

a week is 7 days 2 weeks 14 days. 
in that time our 3 results are 1xW 1xD 1xL

54 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Warne getting it wrong week in week out at the minute.

In the past week (including today), we've won one, and drawn one of the two games played.
The previous 7 day period was one loss from one game.
The previous week to that saw one win, and one draw from the two games.

I therefore conclude that your post is twaddle... with respect.