Some good news in injury front

B4ev6is

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

White will be miffed if he’s dropped straight away for Bird id expect.

Can’t see a positive about Chester being available again. We have Stearman.

I think max might have come off the bench or play couple of under 21s games to make sure match ready.

After Cashin, Chester is much our highest-rated player for the season on WhoScored. I think he's always been good, and likely still has a role to play. If he plays at right back, then Smith is another option for the middle. 

Basically, the stronger the squad the better. Warne says we have a lot of games coming thick and fast, and everyone will be needed.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well guys max bird could be back in 2 weeks time and james Chester could back in 1 week time and that would mean 2 bodies back but max bird we have missed badly since he got injuried but hopeful he will be back and ready to go.

When I saw your title for the thread B4 - Some good news in injury front - I thought you were going to tell us that your doctor had told you that to get your foot better, you must sit down away for the rest of the season ?

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Warne says we have a lot of games coming thick and fast, and everyone will be needed.

the squad doesn’t look so thin with bird and Chester back but others will be injured no doubt 

Warne also points out that we don’t have a striker with a forehead. Ultimately I think this means we should play Bird and White if both are fit   We can’t afford to lose to teams in the top third of the table and we’re in danger of doing that if we’re not solid at the back and dominant in midfield   

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Chester is a bigger positive then bird gives you an other midfielder in smith if needed in their, i really hope he doesnt push white out of the team, or knight out wide! Think birds did well before the injury but both better players then bird (unless he drops Hourihane which id be surprised) 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

After Cashin, Chester is much our highest-rated player for the season on WhoScored. I think he's always been good, and likely still has a role to play. If he plays at right back, then Smith is another option for the middle. 

Basically, the stronger the squad the better. Warne says we have a lot of games coming thick and fast, and everyone will be needed.

Chester has been excellent in the games he has played, really struck me with how much quality he still has, but we knew injury concerns were always a problem. 

If he can a play a bit for us down the stretch, he will be a big plus - even as an extra body to see games out. 

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Do you think if Chester is back fit, Stearman will play ahead of him?

If Chester is back fit he will be on the bench ahead of Curtis. Harsh but he will be. 

Seems so strange to think or even say ‘we have stearman’

edit to say I love the Steargoat and appreciate all he’s done for us. And that goes without saying for captain Curt too. But Chester will be above them imo if he stays fit 

Edited by Sidd10

Some folk need to get this notion out of their heads that, if a player is  out with a niggling injury for a lengthy period, it's automatically his fault or he's a shirker. In Chester's case, 426 games over 14 years in all competitions isn't the record of a "crock" or a shirker. As he's got older, his injuries have been more frequent, but that's not unusual for footballers. The club was fully aware of his injury record in recent seasons and deemed it worthwhile to offer him a contract. When he's played, he's been excellent IMO. I hope he's fit enough soon to help us have a memorable end to the season. In terms of his record and experience, he's the best CB in this division - how can that be a bad thing? 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Some folk need to get this notion out of their heads that, if a player is  out with a niggling injury for a lengthy period, it's automatically his fault or he's a shirker. In Chester's case, 426 games over 14 years in all competitions isn't the record of a "crock" or a shirker. As he's got older, his injuries have been more frequent, but that's not unusual for footballers. The club was fully aware of his injury record in recent seasons and deemed it worthwhile to offer him a contract. When he's played, he's been excellent IMO. I hope he's fit enough soon to help us have a memorable end to the season. In terms of his record and experience, he's the best CB in this division - how can that be a bad thing? 

In terms of record and experience, his only 'honour' is placing 2nd in the Championship, and only had 3 part seasons playing in the PL. He's not even the CB with the best record and experience in our squad.
Davies won the L1 title in 04/05, runners up in the 2014 FA cup, won the Championship playoffs in 2016, and had 3 full seasons and 3 partial seasons playing in the PL.
Stearman has 2 league titles (L1 and Championship) and placed 2nd once, and had 2 and a half season in the PL.

On ability, Cashin is proving himself to be the best CB in the entire league this season.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In terms of record and experience, his only 'honour' is placing 2nd in the Championship, and only had 3 part seasons playing in the PL. He's not even the CB with the best record and experience in our squad.
Davies won the L1 title in 04/05, runners up in the 2014 FA cup, won the Championship playoffs in 2016, and had 3 full seasons and 3 partial seasons playing in the PL.
Stearman has 2 league titles (L1 and Championship) and placed 2nd once, and had 2 and a half season in the PL.

On ability, Cashin is proving himself to be the best CB in the entire league this season.

Ah, my error, I forgot that players win honours all by themselves, though you also neglected to mention that Chester received 35 caps for Wales through their most successful era and played all six games in Wales's journey to the semi-final of Euro 2016, which I think trumps an FA Cup losers medal.

Ultimately, it comes down to whether you'd prefer to have Curtis, Steargoat or Chester as back-up CB for the run-in. As much as I appreciate the strength of character and professionalism of both Curtis and Stearman, I know what would make me feel most confident.