Some good news in injury front

B4ev6is

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I agree with you - Davies every time!

Despite the fact that, after a dodgy first game, he played more like his old self recently, I still think Chester is a better stand-in, not least because he's quicker than Curtis and we're still not blessed with a great deal of pace at the back.

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Ah, my error, I forgot that players win honours all by themselves, though you also neglected to mention that Chester received 35 caps for Wales through their most successful era and played all six games in Wales's journey to the semi-final of Euro 2016, which I think trumps an FA Cup losers medal.

Ultimately, it comes down to whether you'd prefer to have Curtis, Steargoat or Chester as back-up CB for the run-in. As much as I appreciate the strength of character and professionalism of both Curtis and Stearman, I know what would make me feel most confident.

I just don't see the value in judging a player on what he did 10 years ago to decide if he's good enough now.

I would pick Chester over the other two, when fit, but because I think he's currently a better player, not due to experience.

14 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

the squad doesn’t look so thin with bird and Chester back but others will be injured no doubt 

Warne also points out that we don’t have a striker with a forehead. Ultimately I think this means we should play Bird and White if both are fit   We can’t afford to lose to teams in the top third of the table and we’re in danger of doing that if we’re not solid at the back and dominant in midfield   

I couldn’t agree more, KH. I am really looking forwards to seeing Bird and White together. 

A midfield of White, Bird, Knight and Hourihane. What’s not to like?

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I couldn’t agree more, KH. I am really looking forwards to seeing Bird and White together. 

A midfield of White, Bird, Knight and Hourihane. What’s not to like?

Only 2 spots left between Didzy, Collins, NML, Barks, Dobbin?

14 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Chester is a bigger positive then bird gives you an other midfielder in smith if needed in their, i really hope he doesnt push white out of the team, or knight out wide! Think birds did well before the injury but both better players then bird (unless he drops Hourihane which id be surprised) 

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Bird'd the best midfielder at the club. White's very good backup, but Bird comes straight in when fit enough to start.

On 24/02/2023 at 11:50, Ghost of Clough said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Bird'd the best midfielder at the club. White's very good backup, but Bird comes straight in when fit enough to start.

I wouldn't say best but i agree top 2 or 3, im not saying he isnt going to come straight back in i just feel we have more cover in the midfield than we do at the back! I wasnt slating bird i juat feel we have more cover in the midfield then we do at the back

On 24/02/2023 at 11:44, Ghost of Clough said:

I just don't see the value in judging a player on what he did 10 years ago to decide if he's good enough now.

I would pick Chester over the other two, when fit, but because I think he's currently a better player, not due to experience.

After yesterday, we could be finding out fairly soon who Warne thinks could improve our defensive performances!