Lincoln City (H), 7.45pm Tuesday 14th February.

Rev

Well tonight the lads tried hard but had a off day and it happens but we shot ourselfs in the foot again. We had 4 on 2 situation were we had there players out numbered but instead of playing playing simple through ball to wide ball we tried to be to clever and few secounds later into our net.

The lads looked tired but once we scored I throught get in there game on but I think lang looked tired selby improved the game but did waste few crosses but once tom came they started to work togather when hourana scored the goal to bring us back in the game I through dizzy snatch at the death with only to be ruled out look perfectly good goal.

We go again on saturday against charlton i think warn need freshen.things back up again do we change formation. Do we try 4321 or go with 443 or 343 formation.

Come you rams.

How does an advantage to us turn into a goal for them 15 seconds later? NML's pass was awful but surely once we lost the ball it should have been our free kick? I'm told that their players were well offside too (and that McGoldrick was possibly onside for his disallowed header) but I haven't checked those allegations for myself. 

We clearly were, again, some way below our best, but with half competent officials we would probably have won that. The booing at halftime and at the end from some fans was ridiculous. 

I don't think all of Warne's substitutions were either necessary or effective, but we still did enough to win the game but lacked that little bit of good fortune to get the second goal.

White from the start on Saturday please Warney and put the extra man into midfield. 

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just having a look at Lincoln’s results against the top six.

Took four points off Derby

Beat Ipswich and Barnsley away

Draws at home to Bolton, Plymouth and Wendies.

They’ve only lost away at Bolton of all their games against top six opposition so far, while they are the only team in League One who are undefeated at home.

I thought they showed tonight why they’re a tough side to play against.

They’d probably be in the top six as well if it wasn’t for their crap record against the rubbish teams.

It's funny isn't it, they're basically the reverse of us.

Inverse flat track bullies, not sure what you'd call that 

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

How does an advantage to us turn into a goal for them 15 seconds later? NML's pass was awful but surely once we lost the ball it should have been our free kick? I'm told that their players were well offside too (and that McGoldrick was possibly onside for his disallowed header) but I haven't checked those allegations for myself. 

We clearly were, again, some way below our best, but with half competent officials we would probably have won that. The booing at halftime and at the end from some fans was ridiculous. 

I don't think all of Warne's substitutions were either necessary or effective, but we still did enough to win the game but lacked that little bit of good fortune to get the second goal.

White from the start on Saturday please Warney and put the extra man into midfield. 

Their goal was offside, but so was ours. That being said, their goal arguably changed the complexion of the game just before halftime. Pretty shocking officiating. 

Got to say i have never seen more blatant " game management " than Lincoln showed after the red card . Both Lincoln manager and assistant  were frantically jumping up and down  trying to get a message to their keeper to go down with an injury . How the 4th official did not see that , or why he chose to do nothing is beyond me . 

Did they really need to do that ? 

Interesting to see so many people saying Cashin had a poor game when WhoScored has him second to Hourihane (who presumably gets a high mark because of his goal?). Was Cash objectively poor, or maybe just not up to his normal high standards?

By these stats, Sibley was comfortably our third best in terms of impacting the match, despite having fewer minutes than anyone else. Collins doesn't come out of it looking great.

A lot of people on here agreeing with the MotM performance given in the ground for Fozzy. 

image.png.764b04b780167612f57854a1420a00c4.png

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting to see so many people saying Cashin had a poor game when WhoScored has him second to Hourihane (who presumably gets a high mark because of his goal?). Was Cash objectively poor, or maybe just not up to his normal high standards?

By these stats, Sibley was comfortably our third best in terms of impacting the match, despite having fewer minutes than anyone else. Collins doesn't come out of it looking great.

A lot of people on here agreeing with the MotM performance given in the ground for Fozzy. 

A solid young player who every 15 games looks like he's playing in slippers. He wasn't good no matter the stat.  I prefer my eyes. That's tonight and Plymouth though so a better average than most players in their first proper season. 

4 minutes ago, Robram said:

Got to say i have never seen more blatant " game management " than Lincoln showed after the red card . Both Lincoln manager and assistant  were frantically jumping up and down  trying to get a message to their keeper to go down with an injury . How the 4th official did not see that , or why he chose to do nothing is beyond me . 

As i said above a total disgrace. My teenage son is so laid back he's horizontal but even he went mad - never seen him shout so much or so angrily. 

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sorry but Cashin was dog poo in this game & Forsyth had to clear up his mess on more than one occasion... Anyway he has had enough good games to make up for it.

Too many players off it tonight. Throw in an incompetent officiating team and a an away side mastering the dark arts and it was a pretty frustrating night. 

Roberts and Dobbin's first half was one of the worst I've seen from a left hand side duo. No composure or quality at all. Collins ineffective. Thought Knight was off it for him - way to many stray passes but he wasn't the only one. Must be in the minority over Cashin as I thought he played well, having him and Fozzy play such a high line vs 10 was going to give us issues. 

Them going down to 10 was a good moment for us (obviously) as we had zero control of the game, even with 5 in the middle. Shades of the away game at their place up until that decision, they were organised and got stuck in but we'd normally have enough to beat a side like that. 

Can't be arsed to start with the ref and lino. Embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as the boo's at HT and FT, anyone would have thought we'd have not won in 17 games previously, not the opposite! I don't think anyone expects PP to be rocking these days but it was a flat one tonight, coupled with the discontent I don't think it did anyone on the pitch a favour unless they were wearing red. That said, plenty of players who can look at their performances tonight and admit it wasn't their best. Couple of days on the training ground and we go again. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Too many players off it tonight. Throw in an incompetent officiating team and a an away side mastering the dark arts and it was a pretty frustrating night. 

Roberts and Dobbin's first half was one of the worst I've seen from a left hand side duo. No composure or quality at all. Collins ineffective. Thought Knight was off it for him - way to many stray passes but he wasn't the only one. Must be in the minority over Cashin as I thought he played well, having him and Fozzy play such a high line vs 10 was going to give us issues. 

Them going down to 10 was a good moment for us (obviously) as we had zero control of the game, even with 5 in the middle. Shades of the away game at their place up until that decision, they were organised and got stuck in but we'd normally have enough to beat a side like that. 

Can't be arsed to start with the ref and lino. Embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as the boo's at HT and FT, anyone would have thought we'd have not won in 17 games previously, not the opposite! I don't think anyone expects PP to be rocking these days but it was a flat one tonight, coupled with the discontent I don't think it did anyone on the pitch a favour unless they were wearing red. That said, plenty of players who can look at their performances tonight and admit it wasn't their best. Couple of days on the training ground and we go again. 

Some idiots booed at whistle at end of first half but other than that felt the boos were directed at the officials. I also think the frustration shown was with the blatant cheating and officials again not the team. Lincoln did what they came to do and some teams just bring that real unpleasantness with them

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Their goal was offside, but so was ours. That being said, their goal arguably changed the complexion of the game just before halftime. Pretty shocking officiating. 

I've seen the stills that people are using to claim that our goal was offside, but it's not convincing from what I've seen and I thought there was a possibility that it got a deflection of one of their players anyway. 

Theirs looks convincingly offside. 

Time wasting and gamesmanship is part and parcel of the game, always has been. When a player goes down, the ref has no choice but to attend to a player who claims he is injured. He can't pick and choose when he thinks someone is feigning injury; all he can do is add the time on, which he did. Nine minutes added time was right.

That said, he was a weak official who increasingly lost control of proceedings, and if it is the case that the same linesman allowed two fairly obvious offside goals (haven't seen the video back) then he needs some kind of sanction. 

Yet you can't blame the officials for our performance. In the first half Lincoln out ran us, out fought us and were more organised. Second half they did everything they could to secure something out of the game. It's horrible to watch and frustrating, but it is up to us to be able to beat teams like this if we want promotion, and we nearly did.

Disappointing night but we should look no further than our own poor performance, especially in the first half again. I was surprised to see two in midfield again after a poor performance at Wycombe where we were overrun  in that area, and it was clear against Lincoln we had nothing in the middle and were essentially just playing in the two outer thirds of the pitch, left and right, which made it pretty easy for the opposition to defend. 

Much to think about ahead of Saturday.

7 hours ago, vonwright said:

I think three in midfield (including Knight) should be the bottom line, and everything else should fit around that. For me Collins is a bench option if McGoldrick up front isn't working, or he needs a break. Either way though we shouldn't be playing both. I hope Warne saw what the rest of us saw - I've got a nagging feeling he can be a bit stubborn sometimes. He was slow to move from five at the back. Hopefully he'll be quicker to revert to three (midfielders) in midfield.

If you listen to his after match interview you hear that he’s always analysing what they can do better, he questioned his own team selection. There will definitely be changes on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Time wasting and gamesmanship is part and parcel of the game, always has been. When a player goes down, the ref has no choice but to attend to a player who claims he is injured. He can't pick and choose when he thinks someone is feigning injury; all he can do is add the time on, which he did. Nine minutes added time was right.

That said, he was a weak official who increasingly lost control of proceedings, and if it is the case that the same linesman allowed two fairly obvious offside goals (haven't seen the video back) then he needs some kind of sanction. 

Yet you can't blame the officials for our performance. In the first half Lincoln out ran us, out fought us and were more organised. Second half they did everything they could to secure something out of the game. It's horrible to watch and frustrating, but it is up to us to be able to beat teams like this if we want promotion, and we nearly did.

Disappointing night but we should look no further than our own poor performance, especially in the first half again. I was surprised to see two in midfield again after a poor performance at Wycombe where we were overrun  in that area, and it was clear against Lincoln we had nothing in the middle and were essentially just playing in the two outer thirds of the pitch, left and right, which made it pretty easy for the opposition to defend. 

Much to think about ahead of Saturday.

Too many players off it and nothing comming off , they beat us to every second ball , against sides like Lincoln and Wycombe I reckon we need 3 in midfield, our new unbeaten run started.last night though

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This really just goes to show that the stats are not reliable. 

This was Cashin's worst game in a Derby shirt for me.

From about the 3rd minute he did pretty much everything wrong.

He didn't win a header until Plange came on on.

Got skinned numerous times and had to be rescued by Fozzy.

Passing was awful.

It happens, players have these sort of games and its not very often Cashin has them but for me he would have scored somewhere between 4 and 5 last night.

6 hours ago, Robram said:

To be fair to the officials although i thought they were poor again last night they did come up with 9 minutes injury time

Pretty poor last night to be honest and right up until they had a man sent off we looked second best

Not sure what Warne is seeing in training but his tactics for the last two games have been whoeful we could all see last night we were getting out fought in midfield the way they were set up and did nothing to change it,Collins could of been pulled off after 20 minutes to be honest.

We go again Saturday and Charlton will be no easy ride,i know its only two games but all the sides around us keep winning we cant afford to many more poor performances or we will find ourselves outside the top six quick smart