Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

The last time we played like that was Ipswich and Exeter in October which prompted us to dump that awful 3 at the back system and go on a mad unbeaten run. Drop one of the strikers for White, go back to how we were playing with Bird in the team and I can see us doing it again. Today was just a minor blip and for me a reminder that we shouldn't be matching teams at hoofball.

Forgot to add - What a great goal from Dobbin, hopefully that'll give him some confidence and he'll get a few more. As soon as he finds his shooting boots he'll be a seriously good player.

Edited by lrm14

Always likely at some point - not having a centre forward the bench always worries me as we can’t change it up in that position (Martin scored on debut in the championship by the way) 

top 2 well achievable but you have to win your games 

Great result for Bolton at Peterborough today and a decent win for Plymouth whilst Barnsley win with ten man 

interesting next set of games in February and March 

Unfortunately this is what happens when a team actually makes it difficult for us, plays like your archetypical League One team and capitalises on our mistakes.

Hopefully others watching on don't see this as a blueprint, or they continue to prove incapable of taking advantage, OR we have some other answers to deal with this type.of game.

I think we should still be absolutely fine for the playoffs.

Disappointing but not worth getting too het up about.  Especially as I saved myself a tenner today, which was a good call given what I have just read on here (which is always quite well balanced I find ?).  FWIW I thought we were on to a loser at 14.00. Physical game was always likely and 3 midfielders were needed to take some sting out of them. 

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Unfortunately this is what happens when a team actually makes it difficult for us, plays like your archetypical League One team and capitalises on our mistakes.

Hopefully others watching on don't see this as a blueprint, or they continue to prove incapable of taking advantage, OR we have some other answers to deal with this type.of game.

As much as everyone is slating Wycombe they are by far the most effective team at this type of tactic and that was what made today's game such an obvious banana skin.

Would be confident over two legs against them but would hate to meet them at Wembley.

15 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

there are a lot more teams capable of beating this rubbish than there are capable of winning us

2 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

i was replying to a post saying we have to look over our shoulders at Wycombe,i was merely saying they are more likly to lose matches than we are given the amount of teams that do the same as them/play them at the same game

Well I think I had a stroke reading your 2 posts but I eventually got there & get what you mean. I think. 

3 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

As much as everyone is slating Wycombe they are by far the most effective team at this type of tactic and that was what made today's game such an obvious banana skin.

Would be confident over two legs against them but would hate to meet them at Wembley.

I would love to play them at Wembley. I think a wide pitch and good quality surface would totally play to our strengths. Add to that hopefully a top quality ref and we would dismantle them.

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I would love to play them at Wembley. I think a wide pitch and good quality surface would totally play to our strengths. Add to that hopefully a top quality ref and we would dismantle them.

No chance. We've had two good refs this season already, so we are over budget, and will probably have points deducted for it.

Edited by DavesaRam

Not here to gloat, that was prob our toughest game this season and while parts were scrappy, I thought it was an even contest.

Your player who got your 2nd, that was an outstanding finish and the best bit of skill in the game.

I felt your No. 6 was your MOTM. In the 2nd half, he got in the way of all of our attacks before your first goal.

Safe journey home guys, I hope the drive back isn't too bad for you and good luck for the rest of the season!