Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

17 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Skinned shins, no voice, leaping onto the guy next to me, I am 55 years old for Christ's sake, but what a night!

Glad you enjoyed it! Spent 87 minutes feeling bad for those who went and sang their hearts out then the last few minutes so wishing I was there. 

Derby are the worst big team I've seen this season that's for sure 

they also have the most deluded bunch of fans as well. Proper bunch of helmets. They can thank their lucky stars we were without Wilson and Harrison this evening

it would not surprise me if we play them next season.

825aaeb138c4df697b10ffd593894cbb.gif

10 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It’s beginning to feel a lot like 1967 when the ex Hartlepool manger came to manage the Rams. At first everything remained the same but after a time everyone knew something special was happening. 

Calm down... we were three minutes away from losing 1-0 at a pretty poor Port Vale team, missing our opportunity to cut the gap to Sheffield Wednesday, and still being 11 points adrift of promotion from Division 3. Scroll back 10-15 pages and see how things were going, it certainly wasn't the second coming of Clough and Taylor.

I do hope you're right though!! ?

Edited by DB83

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

How good was that from Knight at the end by the way? Got the ball, muscled past their defender and ran the whole length of the pitch to protect it in the corner. Incredible for him to still have so much energy at that point of the game. 

Quality and maturity. Exactly what was needed

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But when you put it into perspective that Derby probably generates the most revenue in the league by some way, that is pretty reasonable. There is seemingly little to no public information on our restrictions, how do you know whether they are massive or not? 

Based on historical accounts, there will only be 4 clubs with a total club wage bill exceeding £8m this season (not including oursleves). 

Our total club wage bill will most likely be in the £10-12m range, giving us a top 6 budget.

Thought it was one of those nights but when we got one just knew we would get another. Worried Dobbin would be bullied out of it- love his attitude - always has a go and always keeps going when others' heads would go down or start bring petulant. Get people moaning at misses but he is so young and doing a good job generally. Have noticed how Didzy seems to have taken him under his wing - what more could he want. Totally changed the result - how important could those points be later in the season. Excellently timed subs. Just hope Everton cant/dont recall him

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on historical accounts, there will only be 4 clubs with a total club wage bill exceeding £8m this season (not including oursleves). 

Our total club wage bill will most likely be in the £10-12m range, giving us a top 6 budget.

Probably a fair estimate. I can't believe our wage bill is going to be hugely close to Ipswich or Wednesday though, who are the bigger spenders of the division, and for a club our size that generates the revenue that we do, we probably are quite limited by restrictions we are under. 

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But when you put it into perspective that Derby probably generates the most revenue in the league by some way, that is pretty reasonable. There is seemingly little to no public information on our restrictions, how do you know whether they are massive or not? 

I'm basing it on the players we signed and the sort of salaries I believe they would be getting, which seems to tie in with the list of salaries.

The average salary of a league 1 footballer from what I can see is £2500 per week.

Our rumoured wage cap, which I don't believe is £5000 per week.

I don't think that sounds like massive restrictions personally.

23 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It’s beginning to feel a lot like 1967 when the ex Hartlepool manger came to manage the Rams. At first everything remained the same but after a time everyone knew something special was happening. 

I would love to think so, and both are certainly a little "eccentric", but steady on... ?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I'm basing it on the players we signed and the sort of salaries I believe they would be getting, which seems to tie in with the list of salaries.

The average salary of a league 1 footballer from what I can see is £2500 per week.

Our rumoured wage cap, which I don't believe is £5000 per week.

I don't think that sounds like massive restrictions personally.

The average salary might be £2,500 a week. What is the average salary at our nearest rivals? I'd wager it is higher than £5,000, personally. It's pretty unreasonable to expect a club with a turnover that Derby does to be similar in budget to Morecambe and Forest Green when we generate substantially more revenue than them. We are being punished with restrictions when contrasted to clubs of a similar size to us which also happen to be the sides we are actively competing with. 

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Thought it was one of those nights but when we got one just knew we would get another. Worried Dobbin would be bullied out of it- love his attitude - always has a go and always keeps going when others' heads would go down or start bring petulant. Get people moaning at misses but he is so young and doing a good job generally. Have noticed how Didzy seems to have taken him under his wing - what more could he want. Totally changed the result - how important could those points be later in the season. Excellently timed subs. Just hope Everton cant/dont recall him

I just watched the highlights again and thought the exact same thing... when Dobbin had his really pretty bad miss, McGoldrick was right there still encouraging him and making sure his head didn't go down. I think that was really impressive from McGoldrick (and of course a very impressive response afterwards from Dobbin too).