Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

25 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

We’ve played a lot better with mcgoldrick as the 9 than Collins, would start mcgoldrick every game as the striker if he can.

much rather play Collins in the cup, league must be priority.

Both our strikers are far from young. It makes sense to use them in a balanced way. It also keeps the opo guessing. Mc G is hugely polished and dangerous but Collins is a rough tough old soldier and very useful in away games. 

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

We’ve played a lot better with mcgoldrick as the 9 than Collins, would start mcgoldrick every game as the striker if he can.

much rather play Collins in the cup, league must be priority.

Sure we’re better with McGoldrick - he’s probably the best player in the league. But PW seems to be using him selectively to try to get an entire season out of him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench tomorrow - and for him to stay there if we’re leading by a couple 

Searched for the pitch size as mentioned in RB interview. I did think it was the largest playing surface in England but apparently not! This must be out of date as most searches say Man City is largest…. ?‍♂️

83CC3F01-16CE-4EB7-8181-94E22C8C9EC3.png

Edited by SKRam
Added text

Few weeks back Derby were like mid-league and we ourselves at the top, and now look at it.   I mean seriously, what the hell.

If you beat Port Vales tomorrow and we lose to Morecambe then the distance will be reduced to just one point, unbelievable just a month or two back.   Yeah, I'm worried.  It's got to be said.    You got a game in hand over us also.  

I take the opportunity to congratulate Rams on moving up from mid-league to the verge of an automatic promotion opportunity, there's no malice or ill-feeling or why should there be, but a lot of our fans are getting mighty antsy about the time ahead having lost a number of valuable points in recent games.

I think teams like us, you look at the top two automatic promotion places and question can we really make it, you know, invade that territory and stick with it.    In truth I answer for my own team No, not sure how you feel about your own club endeavors for the months ahead, but you got to realize, it's a tough ask for sure.   

Probably said before teams like us, of previous stature and accomplishment, don't really belong in this league.   You know what the worse thing is, being at the very top for certain stages sure that you're going to do it, only to see your team fall away and people are asking questions is the play-offs the best thing to accept even at this stage of this season.   

It's going to be an interesting round of games tomorrow for sure.     Mentioned on a Town forum to our own fanbase (that) only the strong and whoever holds their nerve most  (from Plymouth to all top six club names) can, or will, only succeed in terms of a promotion.   

48 minutes ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Few weeks back Derby were like mid-league and we ourselves at the top, and now look at it.   I mean seriously, what the hell.

If you beat Port Vales tomorrow and we lose to Morecambe then the distance will be reduced to just one point, unbelievable just a month or two back.   Yeah, I'm worried.  It's got to be said.    You got a game in hand over us also.  

I take the opportunity to congratulate Rams on moving up from mid-league to the verge of an automatic promotion opportunity, there's no malice or ill-feeling or why should there be, but a lot of our fans are getting mighty antsy about the time ahead having lost a number of valuable points in recent games.

I think teams like us, you look at the top two automatic promotion places and question can we really make it, you know, invade that territory and stick with it.    In truth I answer for my own team No, not sure how you feel about your own club endeavors for the months ahead, but you got to realize, it's a tough ask for sure.   

Probably said before teams like us, of previous stature and accomplishment, don't really belong in this league.   You know what the worse thing is, being at the very top for certain stages sure that you're going to do it, only to see your team fall away and people are asking questions is the play-offs the best thing to accept even at this stage of this season.   

It's going to be an interesting round of games tomorrow for sure.     Mentioned on a Town forum to our own fanbase (that) only the strong and whoever holds their nerve most  (from Plymouth to all top six club names) can, or will, only succeed in terms of a promotion.   

Don't worry about it, we're not. We all knew that by early February we'd be overtaking you. We're holding our nerve and getting stronger by the week. Didn't you know 'We're Derby County and we're going back up'? If you didn't, you do now ?. COYR

11 hours ago, SKRam said:

Searched for the pitch size as mentioned in RB interview. I did think it was the largest playing surface in England but apparently not! This must be out of date as most searches say Man City is largest…. ?‍♂️

Wasn’t Doncaster Rovers Belle Vue the largest pitch until the moved grounds?

8 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Let me help you - last August we had a 5 player squad ! - we can’t spend any transfer fees, we can’t pay loan fees, we can’t pay agent fees. So we can only have free kids and old professionals in football terms - we have no one between 22-29 years old. Our interim manager did well enough early on considering everything and has moved on to Hull city our current one is rather experienced in this league. We are getting fitter and a bit more organised. In this league I’d expect the teams at the top to basically stay there because it’s hard not to win matches in this league.

id expect us to make the play offs which can ultimately be the lottery we know so well but it’s nice if the three clubs above us get a bit nervous and if they bottle it, if they do it’s because they aren’t good enough to go up. 
in an ideal world Derby county Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich town should all be at least in the championship and we didn’t get relegated because we were crap on a football pitch. 
I hope that helps and by all means feed it back to your own fans forum?

10 hours ago, SKRam said:

Never realized that Notts Florist had the second largest pitch. Never seemed that way when at games. 

34 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

I saw their pitch on Sky Sports the other day and it was in a right state. Can't imagine the recent weather will have done anything to improve conditions. Could be a nasty old scrap in the frozen mud.

Yeah on their forum they comment about the dire state of their playing surface, but also that it's been like this for a few years. Hoping to be able to afford to lay a new pitch in the summer. The current one is described as "a park pitch". 

My hope is that Warne had us training on a local park yesterday to be ready for it. Otherwise it will be a shock. 

In a different country it’s 32 degrees here just to rub it in, only the 3rd game missing this season and can’t find anything to suggest if the game will go ahead or not? Will be 3.45am kick off so if it’s on it’ll be an early wake up call 

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

In a different country it’s 32 degrees here just to rub it in, only the 3rd game missing this season and can’t find anything to suggest if the game will go ahead or not? Will be 3.45am kick off so if it’s on it’ll be an early wake up call 

Set your alarm. Given there's no pitch inspection planned, it seems safe to assume the match is going ahead. Hope it proves to be a fine beginning to what continues as a lovely sunshiny day!