Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Re: Dobbin. People have to be realistic (I know - ridiculous). If he were some kind of superstar wonder kid and/or ‘the finished article’ he wouldn’t have been sent to League 1. What he lacks in finishing he more than makes up for in overall contribution.  He’s doing well. He’s developing. Give the kid a break (I know, another ridiculous comment).

Great comments! People need to Google Harry Kane at the same age...on loan at lower league clubs and not really pulling up any trees...Dobbin will have a decent career in football.

Football is made for nights like this. Seemed like it was destined to be a bad day at the office. I am so pleased Port Vale were prevented from the double over us, that'd been hard to take to give 6 points to such a limited one dimensional team. Their gameplan was clearly to wind our players up, be in the refs ear all game trying to get players booked, waste time and generally s**thouse us. And it very, very nearly paid off for them so probably the right tactics for them.