Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

Skimmed through the game again and one thing that really struck me was the noise both our lot and the Bolton faithful made. Unreal! I'm a bit meh as to crowd numbers as I've been to Premiership games with larger numbers that felt like being at the local library. Quality not quantity is my view. That said, with over 30k for a L1 game and the non-stop singing they offered we had both and that is definitely something of which to be proud. 

Also, seems B4 got his prediction right after all! 

COYR

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I wonder how many fans who slaughter referees and linesmen have ever had a go themselves ? Do they know all the ball has to be out? And the only fans who will know that are the ones who were perfectly in line.Start with kids football and see how hard it is.

I don’t think it is slaughtering someone to suggest that they made a bad mistake. Yes I know all the ball has to be out - although quite often the linesmen don’t, but that’s one for another day. 
For a bit of balance, I thought the referee was generally good. His decision to allow play on for our goal was excellent decision making, and it’s worth noting that he made sure to check Knight was not badly injured as he ran forward to keep up with play. 

32 minutes ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

Not sure if this has been asked before but why were seats in the east stand lower taped off with red tape and people not allowed to sit there. It was the block next to the away fans and seemed to be random seats?

I saw this and wondered the same 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not sure Wildsmith was "going crazy" but what about Fozzy? No reaction at all other than disappointment that we'd conceded.

Fozzy was facing the North Stand when the Bolton player played the ball from between his legs (see below). He may have been looking down at it or not, it's hard to tell. The position of the Bolton players body is the biggest clue. His right foot is just in play and his left foot is about to play the ball, and is well out of play. To me, the ball also looks out, but it's entirely possible that in the vertical plane it was just touching the line. As I said earlier, I can believe that the lino had an obscured view of the ball, whereas Wildsmith may not have. A tight call undoubtedly and a good lesson for our defenders to learn : don't expect the officials to bale you out of an error! IMG_20230122_161743-01.thumb.jpeg.2c50f5624a3119a20e184714e236edb4.jpeg

2 hours ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

Not sure if this has been asked before but why were seats in the east stand lower taped off with red tape and people not allowed to sit there. It was the block next to the away fans and seemed to be random seats?

No

Not last time in the fa cup

2 hours ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

34 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No

Not last time in the fa cup

#sorted

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Fozzy was facing the North Stand when the Bolton player played the ball from between his legs (see below). He may have been looking down at it or not, it's hard to tell. The position of the Bolton players body is the biggest clue. His right foot is just in play and his left foot is about to play the ball, and is well out of play. To me, the ball also looks out, but it's entirely possible that in the vertical plane it was just touching the line. As I said earlier, I can believe that the lino had an obscured view of the ball, whereas Wildsmith may not have. A tight call undoubtedly and a good lesson for our defenders to learn : don't expect the officials to bale you out of an error! IMG_20230122_161743-01.thumb.jpeg.2c50f5624a3119a20e184714e236edb4.jpeg

Referees are taught that player reaction tells you a lot about the decisions you make. To judge by the Derby players reaction, they didn't think it was obvious that the ball had gone out. That screenshot certainly isn't conclusive one way or the other. It might have done, it might not. Even if it did, it's so hard to see when everything is happening at real speed. This is one instance where VAR would be very useful.

20 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I thought the ref today was a cheat, I really don't like moaning about the officials, I always thought it evened out over a season but we have to accept that the League One referees and officials have been told not to favour Derby County FC.

There was at least half a dozen poor tackles on Derby players that went unpunished. 

I assume the ref waved play on for a potentially career ending challenge hoping against hope that we wouldn't score from it. He must be devastated and will have to face the wrath of the EFL no doubt.

The EFL are terrified, Derby's on fire....

Thought the ref was fine. Seen much worse. Good advantage for Derby’s goal. 

14 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Referees are taught that player reaction tells you a lot about the decisions you make. To judge by the Derby players reaction, they didn't think it was obvious that the ball had gone out. That screenshot certainly isn't conclusive one way or the other. It might have done, it might not. Even if it did, it's so hard to see when everything is happening at real speed. This is one instance where VAR would be very useful.

I’d think most linos in the land took an interest in the Japan Germany incident (where almost everyone thought it should have been disallowed) and that as a result a different approach is being taken 

I’m referring to the World Cup not the world war 

13 hours ago, ram59 said:

He booked a player whilst we were celebrating the goal, I assume that it was the player who fouled Knight.

That challenge has been brushed aside a little bit by the fact that we scored straight after, watching it again on the highlights he slid in from 3 yards away and was out of control, which nowadays I think warrants a sending off. It was far worse than the Bielik sending off from the same referee.