Accrington Stanley (H) Mon 2nd Jan, 3pm KO

12 minutes ago, Topram said:

Anyone seen their salty managers interview?? “An average side like derby” he’s such a moaning p*ick

I assume he's trying to take the attention away from their poor display, but it doesn't quite work. Why didn't you at least score against us then? ?

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Anyone seen their salty managers interview?? “An average side like derby” he’s such a moaning p*ick

Where did he say that?

In his interview with BBC Radio Lancashire, he said quite the opposite. Said it would be difficult to go 2-0 down against an average club, but even harder against clubs like Derby (because of the big crowd getting behind them).

There was the usual 'we gifted them 3 goals, we should have had a penalty, etc.' but he actually came across quite complimentary.

36 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Was nice to see the stadium looking so full today too in the home end. Couldn't see many empty seats and just a shame Accrington didn't bring a few more. I do also think the club should also look into doing season ticket game returns if people can't make it for certain games. Those ticket holders should also have the option to make their seat available and in return receive 50% of the ticket price back in their pocket. Too many times it says tickets are sold out in the south stand yet when i get to the game there are always a few around me not taken up. 

I was thinking the same thing, until I looked at it from the club's point of view. You'd think that if a casual fan can't get a seat in the south stand, they will buy one in another stand. Why would the club lose money by giving the season ticket holder half of their money back and also pay for someone to do administration involved in such a process? But, it would be a good idea if we had a sellout game.

The ref was poor today, but you can't kick out at a player, especially when you're 4 nil up. I thought it strange that the ref restarted the game with a drop ball for their keeper, surely they should have had a free kick?

Credit to Accrington. At times they tried to play football rather than hoof it. But the problem was, they weren’t very good at it. In all honesty they were were pretty poor as footballers and disjointed as a team. For the first time in an age, not only were we quicker to the ball, we were more skilled, more intelligent, harder working,  just better everywhere. On another day that was an 8-0. Some say the subs didn’t do much but for me at 4-0 up that wasn’t the object. The Manager was giving players a run out and looking after some older legs at the same time. It was 4-0 when they happened and 4-0 after. Object achieved from a squad management perspective. Osula got suckered. I suspect he was retaliating, got punished according to the rules. That’s hot headed youth. We have all been there so let’s leave the lad alone.

First 60 mins we played some lovely football, McG and others with some joyful inter play, little reverse passes, cute stuff played with skill not arrogance. We looked class. Was that poor opponents or is it the real deal ? Tricky one, but the more we do it the easier it gets. Thought Barks sounded great in his interview, intelligent and reflective. In a very short time Warne has built a team spirit. Liam brought the players in and deserves a salute but Warne has taken the hand he was given and played those cards exceptionally well. 

Knight MOTM well deserved. I rated his engine back in Rooney days when we were against the wall and boy is it a good one. Hourihan looked much more confident and assertive than in any other game. Don’t care what others think but I feel Sibley might have found another role. He doesn’t look uncomfortable at the “wrong” end of the pitch and has some useful forays forward. Square peg maybe but the edges have chamfers and blending so they are fitting reasonably well. Dobbin is doing well just needs +5% in the confidence dept and he’ll be a winner, their LB was agricultural and there for the taking but he didn’t always capitalise. Cash and Fozzy - what can you say - is that a clean sheet club record ? Someone else said McG is a cheat code ? yep .. just lovely to watch, so clever and it isn’t just ball skills is seeing the pass. Great stuff. Ha ha and Wildsmith .. god he must have been bored but still managed to save the one half decent shot they mustered.

What a jolly afternoon chaps - don’t think we’ll catch the top two but keep this up and we will be in the play offs. We will also be the team no one will want to play. 

COYR

Edited by jono

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Goals here...Roy Orbison couldn't have missed it...Ref has a good view

https://www.skysports.com/football/derby-county-vs-accrington-stanley/469219

Blind Lemon Jefferson could've spotted that one without confering with Blind Willie Mctell.

Stupid boy! as captain Mannerring would've said.

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The ref was poor today, but you can't kick out at a player, especially when you're 4 nil up. I thought it strange that the ref restarted the game with a drop ball for their keeper, surely they should have had a free kick?

Because it was 'a little bit of a pull down' (Barker!)...

28 minutes ago, Topram said:

Did he really say that? He said  something along the lines of any side would be in trouble conceding two goals against an average side , with the implication that it was far worse cos it was Derby. He actually compliments Derby saying how well we played , adding that it was men ( us ) against boys  (them).Colemans interview was far better than one might have expected from his graceless comments after the away game at their place.

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

An average side that's slammed 7 past them without reply despite two penalties handed to them for F all and a red card.  How s*** must they be. 

I know we're trying to come up with original chants, but I have to say, that's a bit rubbish.  I think you need to cut down on the syllables! 

9 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Did he really say that? He said  something along the lines of any side would be in trouble conceding two goals against an average side , with the implication that it was far worse cos it was Derby. He actually compliments Derby saying how well we played , adding that it was men ( us ) against boys  (them).Colemans interview was far better than one might have expected from his graceless comments after the away game at their place.

Yeah, Coleman was pretty reasonable in his appraisal of the game today and didn't come across badly at all.