Pele

dog

No more than what the world's press are putting out... that he has been moved to "end-of-life" care after no longer responding to his treatment.

I don't pray myself, but I'm a great believer in crossed fingers doing the trick, so at the very least, let's just hope any pain, suffering, and lingering discomfort is kept to an absolute minimum.

Whilst he's still with us, I'll refrain from putting today down as a sad day... but it appears that day may not be too far away.

I'll add my best wishes, and my thanks for some truly wonderful memories, of a truly wonderful man... and rejoice in the fact that, for now, he's still here to be celebrated!   

xxx

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No more than what the world's press are putting out... that he has been moved to "end-of-life" care after no longer responding to his treatment.

I don't pray myself, but I'm a great believer in crossed fingers doing the trick, so at the very least, let's just hope any pain, suffering, and lingering discomfort is kept to an absolute minimum.

Whilst he's still with us, I'll refrain from putting today down as a sad day... but it appears that day may not be too far away.

I'll add my best wishes, and my thanks for some truly wonderful memories, of a truly wonderful man... and rejoice in the fact that, for now, he's still here to be celebrated!   

xxx

I wouldn’t begrudge him seeing Brazil win the World Cup one more time. It’d be nice if he could hold on that long (if England don’t win it of course). 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I wouldn’t begrudge him seeing Brazil win the World Cup one more time. It’d be nice if he could hold on that long (if England don’t win it of course). 

Was thinking similar. 
I guess there are quite a few potential poignant scenarios, if all the stars align with "impeccable timing"... but it just seems so wrong of me to be even thinking along those lines, let alone typing them in public!  ?  

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Was thinking similar. 
I guess there are quite a few potential poignant scenarios, if all the stars align with "impeccable timing"... but it just seems so wrong of me to be even thinking along those lines, let alone typing them in public!  ?  

I was thinking similar also, hovering over the submit reply button for a while. I like a good ‘stars align’ type story, and sometimes forget that there are real human beings involved with these stories.

I’d say I hope he pulls through, and of course I do, but the reality is, when you’re in end of life care, that is incredibly unlikely. So more realistically, I just hope they look after him well, he has his family around, and time to reflect on an incredible life. I hope he’s comfortable, free from pain, and peaceful. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

RIP Pele. GOAT.

I do agree with the GOAT tag for Pele. Maradona was great, Messi was/is great but Pele was revolutionary. He did things with a football that nobody had thought of before, he completely changed the way to attack. Before that time you just sort of rushed the opponent, Pele outsmarted them. He was and, while later generations may not appreciate it, always will be the best.

15 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I do agree with the GOAT tag for Pele. Maradona was great, Messi was/is great but Pele was revolutionary. He did things with a football that nobody had thought of before, he completely changed the way to attack. Before that time you just sort of rushed the opponent, Pele outsmarted them. He was and, while later generations may not appreciate it, always will be the best.

Absolutely; And he never cheated or attempted to con the referee. He is the very  icon of a Great Sportsman. The Greatest.