January Window

1of4

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

How about Tyler Walker from Cov, local lad, 26 years old and out of contract in the Summer. Had a poor time of it in recent seasons but did score 14 in 29 for Lincoln in league one in the 19/20 season.

Definitely seems like the type of player we should be thinking about. Especially if we were to stay in this league.

Interestingly with so many of the teams around us making signings. One school of thought is to strengthen while around the top and give yourselves insurance should injuries strike. It can work, but we saw in the Billy Davies promotion season how it can be almost castrophic, going from near certainties for automatic promotion to prolonged relegation form. 

Given our circumstances, we may have little choice but to try the second approach of not upsetting the applecart and destabilising a close knit dressing room that has proved themselves so far. If we weren't getting another striker just in case, I'd have loved to have Jack Stretton knocking on the door as backup, but it wasn't to be. 

28 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interestingly with so many of the teams around us making signings. One school of thought is to strengthen while around the top and give yourselves insurance should injuries strike. It can work, but we saw in the Billy Davies promotion season how it can be almost castrophic, going from near certainties for automatic promotion to prolonged relegation form. 

Given our circumstances, we may have little choice but to try the second approach of not upsetting the applecart and destabilising a close knit dressing room that has proved themselves so far. If we weren't getting another striker just in case, I'd have loved to have Jack Stretton knocking on the door as backup, but it wasn't to be. 

Where's this years Darren Currie and Jon Macken to fill up the squad?!?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

How about Tyler Walker from Cov, local lad, 26 years old and out of contract in the Summer. Had a poor time of it in recent seasons but did score 14 in 29 for Lincoln in league one in the 19/20 season.

Yeah, he’s on his way back from injury so may not be available immediately but Coventry don’t seem keen on playing him.

He needs to prove himself somewhere so why not here?

With Wednesday signing Aden Flint, I wonder if we might see Michael Hector (who's been training with them on a trial) move here instead? The issue would be getting him fit enough to be able to contribute when we needed him. And there may be other issues relating to why he's hardly played for a while. But he has been an excellent defender in the past, having kept an eye on his career because of the name.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

With Wednesday signing Aden Flint, I wonder if we might see Michael Hector (who's been training with them on a trial) move here instead? The issue would be getting him fit enough to be able to contribute when we needed him. And there may be other issues relating to why he's hardly played for a while. But he has been an excellent defender in the past, having kept an eye on his career because of the name.

Michael ?

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Lives in Notts, not fancied at Coventry, good record at this level and defo the age Warne mentioned to wanting to bring in...

We should be all over this!

Been injured for afew months mind.

Edited by Papahet

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeh, MH, looked like he was going to be a quality player few years back, from Chelsea to Reading although for some reason his career seems to have stalled.  Certainly worth letting him train with us on trial with Flint joining Wednesday. 

Would be interesting to see if PW could reignite his career to be part of the squad for next season.

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Lives in Notts, not fancied at Coventry, good record at this level and defo the age Warne mentioned to wanting to bring in...

We should be all over this!

Been injured for afew months mind.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-transfers-tyler-walker-25828277

Been out with a cruciate knee ligament injury. Still not fit. Think I’ll pass. Next! 

I still feel that we may get a couple of bodies through the door on deadline day. Unfortunately, without the possibility to pay any fees (at all) then we are waiting on handouts - if another team (Wednesday, Rotherham, et al) are interested and can chuck a couple of quid the way of the selling team then there is no way that we can win. I think once deadline day gets here and players are essentially surplus to requirements then we will know which pool of players we're shopping in. Sadly, these players are unlikely to be world beaters but if they can provide some form of competition and depth then it helps in the long run. 

I'd imagine Warne is more concerned with the players coming to the end of their contract in the summer in order to reinforce the squad - Championship or League One - its still looking unlikely that we will be able to spend fees again.