Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

Just now, rammieib said:

...For the foul on Osula - it’s absolutely NOT a red card as Osula kicks the ball 20 feet sideways in the air to the defenders. If he knocks it by the GK then yes but he doesn’t. So it’s just a foul and a yellow. It didn’t change the game at all.

We'd have had a freekick in a dangerous position!

Takeaways from the game:

We have the players for a back 4, not 3 at the back with wingbacks. We controlled the game much better with NML and Dobbin out wide.

Sibley, I’m sorry to say, continues to disappoint when given a real chance. He really hasn’t kicked on like we thought he would.

The standard of refereeing in this league continues to decline. The only reason we didn’t concede a penalty tonight was because Exeter created no problems in the area for us.

We are painfully short of attacking options in the squad and can’t change things up as much as we need to to break through stubborn teams.

Cashin is the best all round defender in the league and he looks even better with more mobile players around him. Robert’s brief stint at CB was impressive too, his diagonals are better than his crosses and his pace helps us out so much.

Just now, JPRamFan said:

Sibley came off because he picked up a stupid yellow. Probably would have picked up another if he stayed on another 15/20 mins with the way the game was going out of frustration 

Yet he put some decent tackles and interceptions after being switched to 'wingback'. Referees are the ones to judge on 'reputations' but fans join in!

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Painful watch involving two very poor quality teams. Cashin, Roberts, Fozzie, NML and Dobbin can hold their heads high, but the rest of the team could have been selected from this Forum. Max Bird dear or dear.

Unreal he’s captain in Davies’ absence. 

3 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Hopefully Warne is learning from these games: four at the back suits our better players much better, and Bird and Hourihane don't work together in midfield.

If nothing else I think it's encouraging he was willing to change formations tonight. 

I would bet my house on us lining up three at the back on Saturday at the start of the game. He only changed it tonight because of injuries.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Painful watch involving two very poor quality teams. Cashin, Roberts, Fozzie, NML and Dobbin can hold their heads high, but the rest of the team could have been selected from this Forum. Max Bird dear or dear.

I’m starting to think there are 2 Max Birds and I keep getting distracted by one so I keep missing the useless one so many people have a problem with.

What did he do tonight so much worse than anyone else? (Hourihane for starters! - yet more evidence that the two together doesn’t bring the best out of him, which seemed to be the reason he was put on the right of the 3 in the first half)

I’m not saying he was great, but he wasn’t worth a “dear oh dear”.

Not a good game, but there are worse teams in the league than either of these two.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I would bet my house on us lining up three at the back on Saturday at the start of the game. He only changed it tonight because of injuries.

But he will have seen we (and particularly players like NML) looked better like that. 

I can hope, anyway. Not much else to take from tonight!

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Agreed but Bird is caught inbetween at the moment and isn't being utilised the correct way.