Is Paul Warne the next Nigel Pearson?

Bris Vegas

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Or maybe Clowes brought Warne in with the intention of giving him time and not trying to rush things in the way Mel did? 

Why did he not give Rosenior any time given that he recruited this entire squad?

Call it what it is, short termism. He got the job based on short-sightedness and that's the metric he lives and dies by.

We need to get on our knees and beg Rosenior to come back

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Perhaps we're all looking at this wrong NIgel.

He's going to be our new Nigel Clough. It'll be maddening. but it'll improve over time. and we'll be looking for players who'll bleed for the club.

One lingering thought in my mind is that Clough built an energetic team before adding the footballers in 12/13, that would then progress the next season under McClaren.

The Rosenior version of this team DID need more running power and movement.

Maybe Warne can find a balance in January?

1 minute ago, cannable said:

One lingering thought in my mind is that Clough built an energetic team before adding the footballers in 12/13, that would then progress the next season under McClaren.

The Rosenior version of this team DID need more running power and movement.

Maybe Warne can find a balance in January?

We had running power and movement, and then we changed manager and shackled them to wing back instead

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Why did he not give Rosenior any time given that he recruited this entire squad?

Call it what it is, short termism. He got the job based on short-sightedness and that's the metric he lives and dies by.

We need to get on our knees and beg Rosenior to come back

Because he didn't believe in Rosenior. He had to appoint an interim on a quick turn around to bring players in. Rosenior was never appointed manager. He took time and appointed someone he believed in, that's the opposite of short sighted. 

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because he didn't believe in Rosenior. He had to appoint an interim on a quick turn around to bring players in. Rosenior was never appointed manager. He took time and appointed someone he believed in, that's the opposite of short sighted. 

Believed in him enough to give him the budget to sign 16 new players and give contracts to countless others

Just now, Tombo said:

Believed in him enough to give him the budget to sign 16 new players and give contracts to countless others

Who knows if they were Rosenior signings or long term club ones? Frankly, we didn't much have the luxury of choice did we? We got a team of frees in the door as fast as we could. 

17 minutes ago, cannable said:

Okay I’ve just seen some of his post-match quotes and wtf, more Pearson than I thought

Is it me or does he seem to imply he doesn't believe Barkhuizen or Chester are genuinely injured in his post match on RamsTV.

Says they are "strange" as they were non-contact and they haven't trained that intensely??

This is absurd

Going back to that first half against Charlton, I really had hope for this season. We lost the game but we looked class. We looked a team that could achieve something. A cut above the rest. Sadly that hope has disappeared. It was a crazy decision to dispense of Rosenior but I remember a post on here saying he was wanting a bigger salary so it may not even be a straightforward football decision. 

We definitely need a strong tackling, ball winning midfield player. Someone like Grahame Shinnie as also previously mentioned. 

I miss those players from last season, Shinnie, Tom Lawrence, Jags, Ravel, Festy. Even Plange and Colin. 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Because Clowes bought a managerless club with only a matter of days until pre season? Giving Rosenior the interim role was the logical thing to do at the time.

19 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

Going back to that first half against Charlton, I really had hope for this season. We lost the game but we looked class. We looked a team that could achieve something. A cut above the rest. Sadly that hope has disappeared. It was a crazy decision to dispense of Rosenior but I remember a post on here saying he was wanting a bigger salary so it may not even be a straightforward football decision. 

We definitely need a strong tackling, ball winning midfield player. Someone like Grahame Shinnie as also previously mentioned. 

I miss those players from last season, Shinnie, Tom Lawrence, Jags, Ravel, Festy. Even Plange and Colin. 

I don't disagree but that hope disappeared long before Rosenior was axed

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Is it me or does he seem to imply he doesn't believe Barkhuizen or Chester are genuinely injured in his post match on RamsTV.

Says they are "strange" as they were non-contact and they haven't trained that intensely??

This is absurd

You're right it is absurd. You're reading too much into it

Today was extremely tough to watch. Dawned on me that we are a significantly worse side than when Rosenior was here, also that this team doesn’t have it in them to do anything this season in this current form. 

A penny for Clowes thoughts who made the decision to change the management and see us take significant steps backwards. 

The first half was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Derby side at home for a long time. We’ve now got to follow Warne down the rabbit hole and hope for the best. I am personally concerned, but just hope that it’s me having a knee jerk reaction. 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Today was extremely tough to watch. Dawned on me that we are a significantly worse side than when Rosenior was here, also that this team doesn’t have it in them to do anything this season in this current form. 

A penny for Clowes thoughts who made the decision to change the management and see us take significant steps backwards. 

The first half was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Derby side at home for a long time. We’ve now got to follow Warne down the rabbit hole and hope for the best. I am personally concerned, but just hope that it’s me having a knee jerk reaction. 

Significantly worse?

In Rosenior’s last five league games, we picked up seven points from 15.

In Warne’s first five league games, we have picked up seven points from 15.

This talk of us going backwards in five league games is purely subjective and purely based on the kind of football you like to see.

Style is something that takes time to implement and there are many ways to play football and different styles can get results.

Perhaps it’s fairer to say that both styles have their flaws and that is what we’re witnessing?

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Significantly worse?

In Rosenior’s last five league games, we picked up seven points from 15.

In Warne’s first five league games, we have picked up seven points from 15.

This talk of us going backwards in five league games is purely subjective and purely based on the kind of football you like to see.

Style is something that takes time to implement and there are many ways to play football and different styles can get results.

Perhaps it’s fairer to say that both styles have their flaws and that is what we’re witnessing?

Rosenior:

Fleetwood A (17th)

Posh H (4th)

Plymouth H (1st)

Lincoln A (11th)

Wycombe H (13th)

Warne

Cambridge A (16th)

Port Vale H (15th)

Accy A (19th)

Ipswich A (2nd)

Exeter H (7th)

We played more difficult opposition under Rosenior. But created more chances, had more shots, more possession.

Exeter and Port Vale have conceded a combined 43 goals this season. We only scored 1 of those and probably created only 3 other chances.

Points wise it’s the same. But my eyes tell me we performed better under Rosenior and there was more cause for optimism.

Under Warne I’d say only Osula and Collins have improved. The rest have regressed.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Rosenior:

Fleetwood A (17th)

Posh H (4th)

Plymouth H (1st)

Lincoln A (11th)

Wycombe H (13th)

Warne

Cambridge A (16th)

Port Vale H (15th)

Accy A (19th)

Ipswich A (2nd)

Exeter H (7th)

We played more difficult opposition under Rosenior. But created more chances, had more shots, more possession.

Exeter and Port Vale have conceded a combined 43 goals this season. We only scored 1 of those and probably created only 3 other chances.

Points wise it’s the same. But my eyes tell me we performed better under Rosenior and there was more cause for optimism.

Under Warne I’d say only Osula and Collins have improved. The rest have regressed.

Wildsmith and Cashin have maintained their levels and have been largely good under both. We have three clean sheets in five league games under Warne, let’s not forget.

Osula and Collins have contributed goals under Warne rather than Rosenior.

If we put style and view of performance to one side, in real terms, the only player that has genuinely suffered is Mendez Laing.

Most are up and down, as you would expect of footballers playing at this level.