Ghosts

Alph

There's a website called Paranormal Database that includes most famous and rumored hauntings / locations around the UK and Ireland.    Derbyshire is included.      May be instances of paranormal haunts somewhere near you that you never realized or knew about.

They got UFO's, Mermaids and Cryptozoology et cetera for each designated area although not sure how far that extends into Derby or it's surrounding area.   

I remember once I went on like school trip over the summer we stop in like cottage hostle thing I danced something was not right i felt home sick but things went missing like my torch that disappeared never turned up and one night person running it said fancy going on a ghost walk we all said yes anyways we went to a place called 9 witch stone circle. Well later told people doing stuff like witch craft i thought great. Well people warned not to step inside of it well guess what someone did i fell to the ground and appently i passed out for like 40mins. I saw a evil face i told person in charge he said that is a warning even through i did not step in bloody circle.

Later in the stay the lights went out and the fire door flew open i was to scared to move everyone went out to see if someone broke in and thing evil thing grap hold of my leg and I senced some told to kick it as hard as I can I did and it disappeared but ever since I been open to these things and to this day I still am.

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I remember once I went on like school trip over the summer we stop in like cottage hostle thing I danced something was not right i felt home sick but things went missing like my torch that disappeared never turned up and one night person running it said fancy going on a ghost walk we all said yes anyways we went to a place called 9 witch stone circle. Well later told people doing stuff like witch craft i thought great. Well people warned not to step inside of it well guess what someone did i fell to the ground and appently i passed out for like 40mins. I saw a evil face i told person in charge he said that is a warning even through i did not step in bloody circle.

Later in the stay the lights went out and the fire door flew open i was to scared to move everyone went out to see if someone broke in and thing evil thing grap hold of my leg and I senced some told to kick it as hard as I can I did and it disappeared but ever since I been open to these things and to this day I still am.

We went to Twycross Zoo for our school trip.

I grant you, it wasn't as scary as your experience, but it was still kind of weird, as this was back in the days when it was considered cool to have chimpanzees act out the role of piano-playing removals men.

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

It is really trust me

When happens to you will believe it too.

There’s no evidence unfortunately, only peoples recollections that nobody else saw. It would be on the news if evidence of the afterlife had been recorded.

Im not counting “most haunted”

It has been caught in the past and been on the news mate they been caught on cctv cameras in the past I caught one on my old little phone I used to have ghost of a little girl but what ever they are made messed my phone right up as stop working completely.

On 22/10/2022 at 03:59, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

There's a website called Paranormal Database that includes most famous and rumored hauntings / locations around the UK and Ireland.    Derbyshire is included.      May be instances of paranormal haunts somewhere near you that you never realized or knew about.

They got UFO's, Mermaids and Cryptozoology et cetera for each designated area although not sure how far that extends into Derby or it's surrounding area.   

Boycie believes 100% in mermaids , every maid that he has asked was that good for you has replied merrrr??‍♂️

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It has been caught in the past and been on the news mate they been caught on cctv cameras in the past I caught one on my old little phone I used to have ghost of a little girl but what ever they are made messed my phone right up as stop working completely.

Was it a Motor-Ooooooooooooo-la? 

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Ok mate.

?

It's a good question. I think people (including scientists) should have an open mind. An argument for that is how the current scientific orthodoxy believes in dark matter and dark energy (I don't). But if you think these things exist, then you accept (this isn't controversial at all) that 96% of the Universe is made up of stuff we know nothing about and cannot see. All our laws of physics (and other scientific theories) only apply to 4% of everything.

If we accept we know so little, we've got to believe there's plenty out there we don't understand. 

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's a good question. I think people (including scientists) should have an open mind. An argument for that is how the current scientific orthodoxy believes in dark matter and dark energy (I don't). But if you think these things exist, then you accept (this isn't controversial at all) that 96% of the Universe is made up of stuff we know nothing about and cannot see. All our laws of physics (and other scientific theories) only apply to 4% of everything.

If we accept we know so little, we've got to believe there's plenty out there we don't understand. 

How open should our minds be?  If we are open to the idea of ghosts, should we be open to tooth fairies and leprechauns too?  Science is never about proving things 100%, we can never be absolutely sure, but some things are so unlikely that we can behave as if we are sure.  Ghosts are in that category to me.

I do believe in dark matter (I don't see any realistic alternative) and dark energy (admittedly this name is just a placeholder for some form of vacuum pressure that isn't understood), but neither are these things are really relevant when talking about the human body.  If Quantum Field Theory is correct, an all experiments suggest that it is the most precise theory in the history of science,  then we simply understand how atoms work.  And our brains and bodies are made of atoms...we simply know there is no way for any energy or information to escape in any coordinated way after we die.  All of that remains in our bodies.  

Life is a process,  not a tangible thing made of some unknown substance (like a soul). It's like a candle flame. When a flame extinguishes, the process finishes and it simply ceases to be.  We don't ask, is the flame living on spiritually somewhere somehow.  It will be the same when we die, the process of life will end and that's all. 

Incidentally, if you don't believe Dark Matter exists, what is your alternative?  Are you die-hard Modified Newtonian Mechanics advocate? 

10 minutes ago, Highgate said:

How open should our minds be?  If we are open to the idea of ghosts, should we be open to tooth fairies and leprechauns too?  Science is never about proving things 100%, we can never be absolutely sure, but some things are so unlikely that we can behave as if we are sure.  Ghosts are in that category to me.

I do believe in dark matter (I don't see any realistic alternative) and dark energy (admittedly this name is just a placeholder for some form of vacuum pressure that isn't understood), but neither are these things are really relevant when talking about the human body.  If Quantum Field Theory is correct, an all experiments suggest that it is the most precise theory in the history of science,  then we simply understand how atoms work.  And our brains and bodies are made of atoms...we simply know there is no way for any energy or information to escape in any coordinated way after we die.  All of that remains in our bodies.  

Life is a process,  not a tangible thing made of some unknown substance (like a soul). It's like a candle flame. When a flame extinguishes, the process finishes and it simply ceases to be.  We don't ask, is the flame living on spiritually somewhere somehow.  It will be the same when we die, the process of life will end and that's all. 

Incidentally, if you don't believe Dark Matter exists, what is your alternative?  Are you die-hard Modified Newtonian Mechanics advocate? 

While quantum field theory can indeed be described as the most numerically precise theory in the history of science, it's a mistake to suggest we "understand" how atoms work from that. As Feynman said, "if you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics". Zeilinger has just won the Nobel Prize for proving reality does not exist locally as his experiments violated Bell's inequalities. What it all means is up for grabs.

No I don't think Modified Newtonian Mechanics is an answer to the dark matter debate. I think what quantum mechanics shows us is that the Universe is not made up of anything tangible - instead it is made up of information. But like @Stive Pesleyalso says, it sounds as if the Jim Smith Room should have separate debates about the nature of dark matter and dark energy, which some of us would find lots of fun.

33 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

While quantum field theory can indeed be described as the most numerically precise theory in the history of science, it's a mistake to suggest we "understand" how atoms work from that. As Feynman said, "if you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics". Zeilinger has just won the Nobel Prize for proving reality does not exist locally as his experiments violated Bell's inequalities. What it all means is up for grabs.

No I don't think Modified Newtonian Mechanics is an answer to the dark matter debate. I think what quantum mechanics shows us is that the Universe is not made up of anything tangible - instead it is made up of information. But like @Stive Pesleyalso says, it sounds as if the Jim Smith Room should have separate debates about the nature of dark matter and dark energy, which some of us would find lots of fun.

I'm not suggesting that all of physics or indeed quantum mechanics is fully understood far from it.  Just that, at the scale of our bodies, we know very well how the atoms work and interact.  And what we know and have observed doesn't leave much room for ethereal shenanigans after we die.  

You think in this era of everyone having recording equipment in their pocket we would finally have solid verifiable evidence of ghosts existence.  But they seem strangely introverted all of a sudden.  They seemed to prefer the past when there was less electrical lighting and no smartphones.  Maybe because our imaginations and pattern seeking brains were more active in the shadows back then?  

Like I said...if we are think ghosts are a serious possibility, then surely unicorns, vampires, and leprechauns are also genuinely possible.  There existence can also be supported using the same 'we don't understand all of the universe so anything is possible' logic.