Ghosts

Alph

The idea that dead relatives are watching over you surely isn't comforting at all?

You can't just pretend that they're only watching in times of need, or when you're doing something that would make them proud. How do you expect them to be able to look down at only the right moments ?

If your dead relatives are really watching over you, then they've definitely seen your carnal activities. Fancy a little 'alone time' tonight? They're watching. When you're stood there admiring the size of the poo you've just left in the bowl? Yep, watching.

Every filthy or weird little thing you ingrates do, they can see you.

And they will be watching ALL of it, for what else is there to do with eternity?

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

The idea that dead relatives are watching over you surely isn't comforting at all?

You can't just pretend that they're only watching in times of need, or when you're doing something that would make them proud. How do you expect them to be able to look down at only the right moments ?

If your dead relatives are really watching over you, then they've definitely seen your carnal activities. Fancy a little 'alone time' tonight? They're watching. When you're stood there admiring the size of the poo you've just left in the bowl? Yep, watching.

Every filthy or weird little thing you ingrates do, they can see you.

And they will be watching ALL of it, for what else is there to do with eternity?

I find comforting to know she is near me and protecting me. I guess all spirts are different like is as people why not ones has moved on.

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I find comforting to know she is near me and protecting me. I guess all spirts are different like is as people why not ones has moved on.

Some believe that spirits of departed look down on us , some don’t , for me what can’t be disputed is that they live on inside us so yes they can be there to guide and protect us always , I m pretty much am able to know how my old mum would look at things and what her advice would be which would always come from a place of trying to do right whilst being the best course for me ,so yes our departed loved ones are always around us 

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Some believe that spirits of departed look down on us , some don’t , for me what can’t be disputed is that they live on inside us so yes they can be there to guide and protect us always , I m pretty much am able to know how my old mum would look at things and what her advice would be which would always come from a place of trying to do right whilst being the best course for me ,so yes our departed loved ones are always around us 

I've never been one to give credence to any spooky shenanigans.

30 years ago, my father was due to take over as Captain of Derby Golf Club, but died just a few days before.

It fell upon me to greet Members and accept condolences - the tradition at Sinfin was that the flag outside the Pro Shop would fly at half-mast, and the name of the Member who had passed away would be displayed at the foot of the mast. I got there just before the first tee-off time.

After a couple of hours of this 'meet and greet', I was in bits, but my own tee-off time arrived. Those who remember Sinfin from the best part of 30 years ago will recognise the sensible play for the opening drive off the back tee - play a gentle fairway wood or a long iron off the tee and basically aim slightly left of the copse of saplings which separate the 1st and 18th fairways (or they did then), then you have a nice 5- or 6-iron into the green. Two putts, par 4, move on.

Muggins here decided to 'go for it' - what the hell. I was in no fit mental state to play anyway, so took a driver off the tee, aim straight over the copse... I must have tried it a dozen times in the past and always come a cropper - but this day, I absolutely nailed it. 300+ yards, tiny sand wedge to 3 feet. Nailed-on birdie - and I missed the putt. At that very instant, I heard my father's voice utter three words: "You daft bugger".

Like I say loss loved ones and loved pets do come back in way or another because our dogs in the past I seen sence and heard them jellging of there collers were discs were. I have heard water being drunk of water I know not current one as often out with my mum and dad.

• 3 months later...

We're friends with a couple that Mrs Wolfie is very close to and met through the Army, long before she knew me. The husband (Bob) is a good man but I just don't have a lot in common with him, so I wouldn't describe us as being very close & certainly not besties. We message each other maybe once a month at the most.

Bob's been going up to Liverpool from Linconshire most weekends because his Dad lives there & has had cancer for a long time.

Anyway, last Monday, mid morning, In the middle of just working away at my desk in the office, I had the sudden urge to message him and ask him how his dad is. I picked up my phone and was about to do just that, when something must have happened and I went back to doing work stuff instead. I remember thinking at the time that it was a really random thing to come into my head.

I then got a call from Mrs Wolfie at lunchtime, saying that his dad had died at 10am that day.

11 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

We're friends with a couple that Mrs Wolfie is very close to and met through the Army, long before she knew me. The husband (Bob) is a good man but I just don't have a lot in common with him, so I wouldn't describe us as being very close & certainly not besties. We message each other maybe once a month at the most.

Bob's been going up to Liverpool from Linconshire most weekends because his Dad lives there & has had cancer for a long time.

Anyway, last Monday, mid morning, In the middle of just working away at my desk in the office, I had the sudden urge to message him and ask him how his dad is. I picked up my phone and was about to do just that, when something must have happened and I went back to doing work stuff instead. I remember thinking at the time that it was a really random thing to come into my head.

I then got a call from Mrs Wolfie at lunchtime, saying that his dad had died at 10am that day.

No Way Wow GIF  wow, strange things do happen

On 22/05/2023 at 13:50, Wolfie said:

Not strange at all mate perhaps his dad knows he needs a friend letting you know what has just happened.

Like me with my grandad the last time I knew that following year I would see him ever ever ever again and he passed away on christmas day and that day I just broke down and did not want christmas that year.